OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor

5 posters

Go down

Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor Empty Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor

Post  patrick.schneider Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor ( http://www.sports-tracker.com/blog/hrm/ ) and I'm wondering if this device can be supported in a future version of OruxMaps. I already tried to connect it, but it looks like it uses a different protocol than the Zephyr HxM device.
If you need any information about the device, feel free to ask. I'm quite tech-savvy, so I could provide debugging information if needed.

Kind regards,
Patrick

patrick.schneider

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor Empty Re: Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor

Post  orux Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:25 pm

patrick.schneider wrote:Hello,

I recently bought a Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor ( http://www.sports-tracker.com/blog/hrm/ ) and I'm wondering if this device can be supported in a future version of OruxMaps. I already tried to connect it, but it looks like it uses a different protocol than the Zephyr HxM device.
If you need any information about the device, feel free to ask. I'm quite tech-savvy, so I could provide debugging information if needed.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Hi, Patrick;

Install this old test version; -->http://www.oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps3.5.11POLARbeta.apk

1.-select your bt hrm in settings.
2.-start recording with hrm (long press over 'Rec' button). Wait 2-3 minutes.

If all was ok, you should find some files BT_LOGxxxxxx in oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory. Please send to oruxuro@gmail.com

3.-uninstall the beta version.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor Empty Re: Support for Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor

Post  patrick.schneider Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello,

an email with the logs is on the way :-)
Thanks for your efforts!

Regards,
Patrick

patrick.schneider

Back to top Go down

Post  patrick.schneider Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi again!

The developers at sports-tracker.com seem to be open to share their HRM-protocol:
"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us.
At the moment Sports Tracker HRM is meant to be compatible only with our application, but all software developers are free to contact us.

BR
Timo
Team Sports Tracker"
http://support.sports-tracker.com/sportstracking/topics/sports_tracker_bluetooth_hrm_protocol

Regards,
Patrick

patrick.schneider

Back to top Go down

Post  TolStok Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:37 am

Hi There!

Is there any progress in connecting the Sports Tracker HRM to the wonderfull Oruxmaps?

Thanks a lot,
Tol Stok

TolStok

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 pm

TolStok wrote:Hi There!

Is there any progress in connecting the Sports Tracker HRM to the wonderfull Oruxmaps?

Thanks a lot,
Tol Stok

Hi;

It should work, except the measurement of battery.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  TolStok Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 am

orux wrote:
TolStok wrote:Hi There!

Thanks a lot,
Tol Stok

Hi;

It should work, except the measurement of battery.

orux

That's great news Orux! I'll order one today. And to compensate not buying the Zephyr I'll transfer some euro's your way as well ;-)
btw: a big THANK YOU for OruxMaps, as well as for always replying on the forum, swiftly and to the point as you are. Please keep up your good work, we love it!

TolStok

Back to top Go down

Post  TolStok Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Confirmed. Works nice! Including just monitoring without logging on 4.7.3beta.

TolStok

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:48 pm

TolStok wrote:Confirmed. Works nice! Including just monitoring without logging on 4.7.3beta.

Hi, thanks for the feedback,

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  m.john Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi,

I tried toget the sports tracker working, no success!!!
The belt is recognized and works fine with the sports tracker APP, but Orux does not communicate.

I just list what I can see - maybe that helps:

Messages after 'rec. HRM' are:
1. connecting...
2. logging...
3. bluetooth connection closed

'Start HRT' shows 1.+3.

In the statistics of a recording the HR tick box is pale.

I tried it with sports tracker active in the background and off while trying to get HRM working, no difference.

I am working with the current official release from 'play stort' ie old market.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

m.john

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 pm

m.john wrote:Hi,

I tried toget the sports tracker working, no success!!!
The belt is recognized and works fine with the sports tracker APP, but Orux does not communicate.

I just list what I can see - maybe that helps:

Messages after 'rec. HRM' are:
1. connecting...
2. logging...
3. bluetooth connection closed

'Start HRT' shows 1.+3.

In the statistics of a recording the HR tick box is pale.

I tried it with sports tracker active in the background and off while trying to get HRM working, no difference.

I am working with the current official release from 'play stort' ie old market.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Hi, Martin;

I do not have that HRM, but I think it is working.

Remember that a BT device can not be attached to two applications at the same time. Be sure that the device is not connected to other app.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  TolStok Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

That is indeed what's crucial: close every other app that wants to use bluetooth. Should work flawlessly after that.

tol.

TolStok

Back to top Go down

Post  womisa Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi

i want to integrate the SportsTracker on my own program on a windows pc. How can i find the protocol specification?

Best regards
Achim

Ps: I ordered these HRM for my OruxMaps.

womisa

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  womisa Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi

i have received my my SPortsTracker belt today. It works with the SportsTracker Software very well.
But i have no success with OruxMaps, but i'm new to OruxMaps.

Start HRM and receive the following messages:

connect...
Bluetooth connection close

That's it!

Any hints?

Now it works! Why??

Ps:OruxMaps on a HUAWEI IDEOS X3

It is difficult to start the sports tracker reproducible, if earlier, the sports tracker program was started.

I must then "killing" the "SportsTracker Service" and the "SportsTracker program" with using the system utility for killing...

womisa

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down