OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ?

2 posters

Go down

Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ? Empty Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ?

Post  Fra Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi,
I recently discovered OruxMap and trying it on Android SDK emulator, waiting to switch from my current WM6.1 phone (on Windows Mobile I used to play with NoniGPSPlot, a simple yet powerful moving map software).

I patiently built a full set of France roadmaps.
860 calibrated tiles 1000x750 pixels, gif images (around 400k each) + Ozi map files.
All on the same scale, with a small overlap.

I found OruxMapsDesktop, and manage to create a few orux maps, with OruxMapsImages.db and otrk2.xml files.
OruxMapsDesktop is even nice enough to provide batch conversion, so I should be able to create orux maps for all my roadmaps.
But it seems that each tile create 1 directory and 2 files (xml and db).
OruxMap would then have to manage 860 db files, dispatched on 860 directories ?
Is it possible for OruxMap ? Is there a way to optimize that ? to packe several maps on 1 SQLLite db file ?

I'm quite interested in keeping my bunch of small tiles because :
- a single whole map would generate projection problems. The initial map use an exotic Bonne projection with Plessis 1817 ellipsoid.
- a single whole map would be far too large (about 350 Mb ?)

I search trough the english forum, but didn't manage to find anything relevant (as for spanish ones, my spanish is too rusted to understand)
--
Frapi

Fra

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ? Empty Re: Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ?

Post  orux Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Fra wrote:Hi,
I recently discovered OruxMap and trying it on Android SDK emulator, waiting to switch from my current WM6.1 phone (on Windows Mobile I used to play with NoniGPSPlot, a simple yet powerful moving map software).

I patiently built a full set of France roadmaps.
860 calibrated tiles 1000x750 pixels, gif images (around 400k each) + Ozi map files.
All on the same scale, with a small overlap.

I found OruxMapsDesktop, and manage to create a few orux maps, with OruxMapsImages.db and otrk2.xml files.
OruxMapsDesktop is even nice enough to provide batch conversion, so I should be able to create orux maps for all my roadmaps.
But it seems that each tile create 1 directory and 2 files (xml and db).
OruxMap would then have to manage 860 db files, dispatched on 860 directories ?
Is it possible for OruxMap ? Is there a way to optimize that ? to packe several maps on 1 SQLLite db file ?

I'm quite interested in keeping my bunch of small tiles because :
- a single whole map would generate projection problems. The initial map use an exotic Bonne projection with Plessis 1817 ellipsoid.
- a single whole map would be far too large (about 350 Mb ?)

I search trough the english forum, but didn't manage to find anything relevant (as for spanish ones, my spanish is too rusted to understand)
--
Frapi

Hi, Frapi;

No problem, I think OruxMaps can handle all the maps, but will be much better if you group them into folders within oruxmaps/mapfiles/ by region, for example, so you just have activated one or two folders (in the map selection screen, long press of the folders you want to enable/disable). Thus, OruxMaps not have to go all the maps to find the next.

The problem is that OruxMaps will have to jump from map frequently. Currently OruxMaps not allow more than one map at the map viewer.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ? Empty Re: Converting many ozi maps to OruxMaps : minimize the number of files ?

Post  Fra Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 am

orux wrote:
No problem, I think OruxMaps can handle all the maps,
[...]
The problem is that OruxMaps will have to jump from map frequently. Currently OruxMaps not allow more than one map at the map viewer.
Hi,
thanks for your fast and relevant answer.
I tried with 21 maps, without any problem, and you found the real issue even before I did : when reaching the border of the map, it comes to a point where I have half the screen without any map (worse, it's the half where I am aiming to), and I have to wait for my cursor to get actually out of the first map so that the second one is loaded.
I am afraid that OruxMaps do not fit my needs, unless it will handle saveral maps shown at the same time.
nice prog anyway !
--
Frapi

Fra

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down