OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display

2 posters

Go down

Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display Empty Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display

Post  daaho Wed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi Orux,

I found a problem with the beta version 3.5.3. This problem is related to the new function "Cursor to bottom"

I set "Cursor to bottom" enabled and "Map orientation" to "Direction up".
In the background I loaded an offline map from "HikeAndBikeMap".

If I drive along my way, the map is not displayed correctly: if I change the direction, the map has a missing piece in the edge of the upper part of the map.

(I assume, that OM displays only a certain part around the cursor, und in the case of "Cursor to bottom", the area is to small)

bye, daaho

PS I'm using a Motorola Defy with a resolution of 854 by 480 pixels

daaho

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display Empty Re: Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display

Post  orux Thu May 05, 2011 6:06 pm

daaho wrote:Hi Orux,

I found a problem with the beta version 3.5.3. This problem is related to the new function "Cursor to bottom"

I set "Cursor to bottom" enabled and "Map orientation" to "Direction up".
In the background I loaded an offline map from "HikeAndBikeMap".

If I drive along my way, the map is not displayed correctly: if I change the direction, the map has a missing piece in the edge of the upper part of the map.

(I assume, that OM displays only a certain part around the cursor, und in the case of "Cursor to bottom", the area is to small)

bye, daaho

PS I'm using a Motorola Defy with a resolution of 854 by 480 pixels

Well, we have a problem, using cursor down.

Android allows only 24mb of memory per application (16mb with medium-small displays).

With a 8xx screen, cursor down, map rotation around cursor, if we want a smooth movement, we need to keep in memory (more or less) 5x5 tiles (512x512) or 9x9 (256x256).

This is 19mb, only for the image.

We are pushing the limits!

Not easy to solve.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display Empty Re: Beta 3.5.3 Problem with map display

Post  daaho Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Well, we have a problem, using cursor down.

Android allows only 24mb of memory per application (16mb with medium-small displays).

With a 8xx screen, cursor down, map rotation around cursor, if we want a smooth movement, we need to keep in memory (more or less) 5x5 tiles (512x512) or 9x9 (256x256).

Not easy to solve.

Hi Orux,

that can also lead to problems with tablets. The Motorola Xoon has a resolution of 1200 by 800 pixels.
At the moment only a small part of the display is missing, but with tablets you have to display a very large area

Will there be more memory by future Andoid versions?

bye, daaho

daaho

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 pm

daaho wrote:Well, we have a problem, using cursor down.

Not easy to solve.

Hi Orux,

that can also lead to problems with tablets. The Motorola Xoon has a resolution of 1200 by 800 pixels.
At the moment only a small part of the display is missing, but with tablets you have to display a very large area

Will there be more memory by future Andoid versions?

bye, daaho

Yes; I do not know, but sure those big screens need a lot of memory.

small/medium screens (dream,...) -->16mb
large (nexus, ...)-->24mb
xlarge(tablets,...)-->36, 48, 64 ????

orux

Waiting to have a good tablet to improve OruxMaps for tablets. It is impossible to work with tablet emulator!
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down