OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gps off when timeout display

2 posters

Go down

gps off when timeout display Empty gps off when timeout display

Post  Etnoso Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:07 pm

hello i'm Alfio and this is my first post Very Happy .I love this app,it's really fantastic.
I have only a problem,using galaxy nexus when display timeout,the gps signal goes off...it doesn't go off only if i'm recording a track.
This is a big problem because i would use Oruxmaps for freeride ski and hiking..so i need the gps on for long time.I can set display always on but is really not good for battery.For example the other app for gps i use:endomondo take signal always on and sygic have a setting for fix it.I would appreciate a lot if you add a setting for gps always on.
best regards
Alfio from Italy

Etnoso

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

gps off when timeout display Empty Re: gps off when timeout display

Post  orux Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Etnoso wrote:hello i'm Alfio and this is my first post Very Happy .I love this app,it's really fantastic.
I have only a problem,using galaxy nexus when display timeout,the gps signal goes off...it doesn't go off only if i'm recording a track.
This is a big problem because i would use Oruxmaps for freeride ski and hiking..so i need the gps on for long time.I can set display always on but is really not good for battery.For example the other app for gps i use:endomondo take signal always on and sygic have a setting for fix it.I would appreciate a lot if you add a setting for gps always on.
best regards
Alfio from Italy

Hi;

If you're recording a track, it makes no sense to have the gps on, if the screen is off, it spends a lot of battery and it is dangerous.

If you want the gps always on, it's easy, start recording a track. If you then do not need it, you can delete it.

But I think it is a mistake to allow the GPS to stay on if you're not recording a track, you can arrive at home without battery Smile

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down