OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to combine layers from different map?

Go down

how to combine layers from different map? Empty how to combine layers from different map?

Post  USER Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:25 am

Here is my scenario: I need map of a fairly large region (e.g. the entire USA), and within this region there are a few spots where I need a very detailed map (i.e. the inner cities with very dense streets). To create layered map for the entire region (via TrekBuddy) with the detailed zoom level is WAY too big to fit in my SD card. It would be ideal if I can map the large region with a smaller zoom level, then extend the map with a high zoom level details for specific regions.

How can I achieve this? The current autoload seems to deal only with transition between different (spatial) areas not zoom levels...

Many thanks for your great work!

USER

Back to top Go down

how to combine layers from different map? Empty Re: how to combine layers from different map?

Post  orux Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:43 pm

USER wrote:Here is my scenario: I need map of a fairly large region (e.g. the entire USA), and within this region there are a few spots where I need a very detailed map (i.e. the inner cities with very dense streets). To create layered map for the entire region (via TrekBuddy) with the detailed zoom level is WAY too big to fit in my SD card. It would be ideal if I can map the large region with a smaller zoom level, then extend the map with a high zoom level details for specific regions.

How can I achieve this? The current autoload seems to deal only with transition between different (spatial) areas not zoom levels...

Many thanks for your great work!

Hi, You can use "ALWAYS" autoload mode in this way (an example):

Create 3 maps:
A--> USA map, zoom levels 5,6,7.
B--> San Francisco map, levels 13,14,15,16
C--> Los Angeles map, levels 13,14,15,16.

In "ALWAYS" autoload mode, if you begin a trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles, then:

"Open Map here" in San Francisco; OruxMaps will load the more detailed map: map (B).
When you leave this map, OruxMaps will automatically load USA map (A).
When you enter in Los Angeles, map (C) will be automatically loaded.

I am not sure if this is what you want,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

how to combine layers from different map? Empty Re: how to combine layers from different map?

Post  USER Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi, thanks for the answer, but it does not do everything I wanted. Basing on your example, I would also make a map of California, zoom level 8-12, then if I started in the Los Angeles map, zoom level 13, sometime I would like to zoom out to level 12 which is not present in the Los Angeles map. Ideally the autoload function can autoload the California map when I try to zoom out from the Los Angeles map. Similarly if I try to zoom out to level 7 in the California map, I would like to see the USA map autoloaded. Does that make sense?

Even more ideally, I would like to just create one single map of California, with extended zoom levels for specific regions. After all, if I create different map with higher zoom levels for each regions of denser streets, I would have hundreds of maps to choose from, which would make it very hard to choose a map. In short, I'm requesting the ability to combine several rectangular regions, each with different set of zoom level, into a single map. Smile

Many thanks again! (I also develop small projects for android, so if you need help I would gladly help out as time permits)

USER

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:21 pm

USER wrote:Hi, thanks for the answer, but it does not do everything I wanted. Basing on your example, I would also make a map of California, zoom level 8-12, then if I started in the Los Angeles map, zoom level 13, sometime I would like to zoom out to level 12 which is not present in the Los Angeles map. Ideally the autoload function can autoload the California map when I try to zoom out from the Los Angeles map. Similarly if I try to zoom out to level 7 in the California map, I would like to see the USA map autoloaded. Does that make sense?

Hmmmmmmmm

Not difficult with multilayer maps.

Perhaps you will see that feature in the next future.

Thanks for your comments/offering.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  USER Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Sweet! Thanks Wink

USER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down