OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not logging end of route on MapMyTracks

Go down

Not logging end of route on MapMyTracks Empty Not logging end of route on MapMyTracks

Post  Jason Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 pm

the end of the trail is not always sent to MapMyTracks. I think the issue may be that it does not try and send the remainder of the data later if the is no phone signal when logging is turned off

in my case I lost the last 15 minutes or so of the trail which would match up with when I lost my phone signal. the app was left running to give it a chance to upload all data once there was a signal again but this did not happen. When the trail was uploaded manually later, this data was indeed all there, just had not been sent.

Otherwise, Great App!! I am going to donate now! keep up the good work, no other map app comes close!

Jason

Back to top Go down

Not logging end of route on MapMyTracks Empty Re: Not logging end of route on MapMyTracks

Post  orux Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Jason wrote:the end of the trail is not always sent to MapMyTracks. I think the issue may be that it does not try and send the remainder of the data later if the is no phone signal when logging is turned off

in my case I lost the last 15 minutes or so of the trail which would match up with when I lost my phone signal. the app was left running to give it a chance to upload all data once there was a signal again but this did not happen. When the trail was uploaded manually later, this data was indeed all there, just had not been sent.

Otherwise, Great App!! I am going to donate now! keep up the good work, no other map app comes close!

Hi, Jason;

Not easy to manage this problem. I am going to add a warning if there is no connection when finishing the live tracking.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down