OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helt request; problems with geotiff files.

Go down

Helt request; problems with geotiff files. Empty Helt request; problems with geotiff files.

Post  JS Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi, for the last few days have i struggled to get some geotiff map files into oruxmaps.

Using a Windows machine I have been able to import the geotiff into OziExplorer (trial) and generate a map file. I was also able to generate a ozf2 file with their conversion tool.

I then move these files onto my Linux machine and try to use OruxMapsDesktop to generate files for OruxMaps.
It seems that OMD has problems to interpret the .map file;
when I load the map file I get a dialog box at once saying "Can't find image file. Use "search image file" button".
I verify file name and path in the .map file and it seems correct?!?!

I thought that it may have to do with that I was not able to correctly specify the "jai_imageio-1_1" classes correctly to get tif files to work. Is there any easy way of veryfing this?
To make sure that this was not the problem I converted the file to .png in gimp. Then was I actually able to produce data that I could use on my android device, but the cordinates seems to be completly out of sync.
I also had to enter a lot of information manually (possibly did I make some misstake) that already was present in the .map file.

Please let me know if anyone has some ideas/hints. It would be very helpful (the geotiff costed a lot of money and it would be GREAT to be able to use it in oruxmaps).
Thanks for a great program!

Below is part of the .map file:

OziExplorer Map Data File Version 2.2
x8-20091025
/home/user/x8-20091025.png
1 ,Map Code,
NAD27 CONUS,WGS 84, 0.0000, 0.0000,WGS 84
Reserved 1
Reserved 2
Magnetic Variation,,,E
Map Projection,Latitude/Longitude,PolyCal,No,AutoCalOnly,No,BSBUseWPX,No
Point01,xy, 0, 0,in, deg,7183883, 30.0000,N,445812, 30.0000,E, grid, , , ,
Point02,xy, 7688, 8311,in, deg,7175572, 30.0000,N,453500, 30.0000,E, grid, , , ,
Point03,xy, , ,in, deg, , ,, , ,, grid, , , ,

JS

Back to top Go down

Helt request; problems with geotiff files. Empty Re: Helt request; problems with geotiff files.

Post  JS Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:57 pm

I could also add that the geotiff files was originally in the propritary swedish "RIK" (RT90) format and then converted to geotiff using gdal. If it would help I could use gdal to convert these files to something else.

JS

Back to top Go down

Helt request; problems with geotiff files. Empty Re: Helt request; problems with geotiff files.

Post  orux Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 pm

JS wrote:I could also add that the geotiff files was originally in the propritary swedish "RIK" (RT90) format and then converted to geotiff using gdal. If it would help I could use gdal to convert these files to something else.

Hi, JS;

I think that this .map file is not correct;
A correct point using lat/long (58º56' N, 17º56'E)
Point01,xy, 2050, 452,in, deg, 58, 56.0000,N, 17, 56.0000,E, grid, , , ,N
A correct point using grid coordinates:
Point01,xy, 100, 100,in, deg, , ,N, , ,W, grid, , 180000, 450000,N

but your file seems to have a mix (impossible coordinates in lat/lon format) :
Point01,xy, 0, 0,in, deg,7183883, 30.0000,N,445812, 30.0000,E, grid, , , ,

You need a image file (png, jpg or tiff if you have jai-imageIO in your jre) + a calibration file (.map from ozi, tfw,...).
If you can get a jpg + .map file with Ozi trial from a geotiff file, you can use them with oruxmapsdesktop.

If oruxmaps can not find the image, simply select it using the corresponding button, the calibration file remains valid.

I am going to start working with oruxmapsdesktop + geotiff files.

perhaps gdal can export maps in ozi format?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  JS Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will try to work more on this when I get some more free time. Right now I do not think that gdal can support ozi format.

JS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down