OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback/bugs/requests

3 posters

Go down

Feedback/bugs/requests Empty Feedback/bugs/requests

Post  rab Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

First off I'm not happy I had to signup to commercial spam just to use this forum. However, I have given a fake email address, so I won't actually be getting any of it!

Anyway, handy tool, finally got an OS maps converted into something I can use on Android (only ~400 to go!).

On to the issues:

1) Calibration file requested before image (by order in dialog), yet you have to select the image first.
2) Datum and projection requested before calibration file (by order in dialog), but when world file is selected the datum and projection are reset.
3) Can't accept world files with extension of .pgw (could you add pgw, pngw, jgw, jpgw, etc. as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_file#The_filename)
4) Can't export to PNG, even with the jai imageio tools installed (despite the manual saying PNG has low compression making large maps the exported jpg map is much larger than the input image, perhaps because it is a PNG already).
5) If using transverse mercator (and probably others) could you save the values entered to be used as defaults next time.
6) Can you add British Grid to the list of projections (it's a transverse mercator with Latitude Origin: 49.0, Longitude Origin: -2.0, k: 0.9996012717, False East: 400000, False North: -100000).

Thanks,
Richard.

rab

Cantidad de envíos : 16

Back to top Go down

Feedback/bugs/requests Empty Re: Feedback/bugs/requests

Post  rab Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:04 pm

7) Batch mode doesn't work for my files... could it be made to work on world files + their image files (same name, extension can be worked out from world file extension/just guessed), and allow user to specify datum & projection for the batch, as they do for individual maps at the moment.

rab

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51 pm

1. You do not have to register to post a message here.
2. I registered. I cannot remember to have received any spam from this forum.
3. Your email address is used to notify you when there are new messages in threads where you have posted. Many people find this useful.
4. This feature can be disabled.
5. It is very common to use an activation email for new registrations - amongst other things, in order to avoid forum-spammers.
6. foroactivo.net is a good forum host. There are bad ones. In those cases, use a temporary email forwarding address from www.spambox.us
7. Many forum users appreciate a polite tone.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  rab Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 am

MB wrote:2. I registered. I cannot remember to have received any spam from this forum.

Perhaps it has changed since you signed up. Now you are required to fill in information about yourself and select topics of interest to you and agree to a third party marketing company sending you email about them. Try signing up again to see.

rab

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:24 pm

rab wrote:First off I'm not happy I had to signup to commercial spam just to use this forum. However, I have given a fake email address, so I won't actually be getting any of it!

Anyway, handy tool, finally got an OS maps converted into something I can use on Android (only ~400 to go!).

On to the issues:

1) Calibration file requested before image (by order in dialog), yet you have to select the image first.
2) Datum and projection requested before calibration file (by order in dialog), but when world file is selected the datum and projection are reset.
3) Can't accept world files with extension of .pgw (could you add pgw, pngw, jgw, jpgw, etc. as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_file#The_filename)
4) Can't export to PNG, even with the jai imageio tools installed (despite the manual saying PNG has low compression making large maps the exported jpg map is much larger than the input image, perhaps because it is a PNG already).
5) If using transverse mercator (and probably others) could you save the values entered to be used as defaults next time.
6) Can you add British Grid to the list of projections (it's a transverse mercator with Latitude Origin: 49.0, Longitude Origin: -2.0, k: 0.9996012717, False East: 400000, False North: -100000).

Thanks,
Richard.

Hi, Richard.

Thanks, MB.

You're right, The new way of registration was not there when I opened the forum. Perhaps it is time to find another site, I do not matter advertising on the forum web. But subscription to messages, ... I do not like.

The order of input is not always the same:
with ozi maps, first the calibration file, the rest should be automatic.
calibrating by hand, you can enter first datum and projection.

I will work with OruxMapsDesktop after the next beta, in some days.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down