OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map selection and other requests

2 posters

Go down

Map selection and other requests Empty Map selection and other requests

Post  GuustFlater Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 am

I have been using OruxMaps for a week now and I really like it!!!

I have some requests, that would make it even better (at least for me):
- I have some maps for which I have several versions (year 1850, 1935, 1960 and 2007). I now have them sorted in sub folder per year. I normally use the most recent maps, but sometimes it is nice to see how it looked like years ago. But now when I'm using the most recent map version and I cross a map border, I get the question which map I want to use, since all years are in the map database. My request is if it would be possible to add a option that you can select to prefer the maps in the same folder over the other equal scale maps.

- I do not see the need of two decimal digits in the speed indicator while tracking. I think 1 decimal digit would be enough. Can I change this myself? Or is it hardcoded?

- Will OruxMaps support Png or Jpg maps in the future? I now have to convert all my Ozi maps and keep the originals (so double storage), since I do not know how to convert them back to Png again.

Thank you again for making this wonderfull program!

GuustFlater

Cantidad de envíos : 21

Back to top Go down

Map selection and other requests Empty Re: Map selection and other requests

Post  orux Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:36 pm

GuustFlater wrote:I have been using OruxMaps for a week now and I really like it!!!

I have some requests, that would make it even better (at least for me):
- I have some maps for which I have several versions (year 1850, 1935, 1960 and 2007). I now have them sorted in sub folder per year. I normally use the most recent maps, but sometimes it is nice to see how it looked like years ago. But now when I'm using the most recent map version and I cross a map border, I get the question which map I want to use, since all years are in the map database. My request is if it would be possible to add a option that you can select to prefer the maps in the same folder over the other equal scale maps.

- I do not see the need of two decimal digits in the speed indicator while tracking. I think 1 decimal digit would be enough. Can I change this myself? Or is it hardcoded?

- Will OruxMaps support Png or Jpg maps in the future? I now have to convert all my Ozi maps and keep the originals (so double storage), since I do not know how to convert them back to Png again.

Thank you again for making this wonderfull program!

Hi, thanks;

1.-You can enable/disable the subfolders, with a long press in the map selector view. Then OruxMaps will not see those sets of maps.

2.-No, you can not change the number of decimals.

3.-No, It is not possible to work directly with png or jpeg files with our devices. The amount of memory that android allows to use is very limited. An application can not open pictures larger than xxx pixels (depending on device). Therefore all mobile applications are using tiled maps (ecw, ozf, sqlite,...)

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  GuustFlater Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Thnx for the quick response. Your map disable solution is perfect! Did not find this feature myself.

I still think a next version could have one decimal for the speed,as I cannot change myself. Two decimals suggest a high accuracy you won't get from the gps.

I understand the explanation of memory, but why does Ozi for android support png and jpg up to 20 mb?

GuustFlater

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:18 pm

GuustFlater wrote:Thnx for the quick response. Your map disable solution is perfect! Did not find this feature myself.

I still think a next version could have one decimal for the speed,as I cannot change myself. Two decimals suggest a high accuracy you won't get from the gps.

I understand the explanation of memory, but why does Ozi for android support png and jpg up to 20 mb?

Hi;

Ozi: PNG, JPG directly supported (small maps less than 20MBytes uncompressed).

They are small maps, OruxMaps 0.9, long time ago Smile let you open these maps, but there was many 'out of memory' problems, they are no larger than (more or less) of 3.000x3.000 pixels, is meaningless if there are formats that do not obliged you to use maps with these limits.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  GuustFlater Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

I have used Ozi for Android beta with maps 4000x5000 pixels and about 5 mb without any problem. But if it cannot be done, then it can't....
Thanks anyway for your wonderful support!! Very Happy

GuustFlater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down