OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback 2.9.4beta

2 posters

Go down

Feedback 2.9.4beta Empty Feedback 2.9.4beta

Post  volker Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Hello orux,

thanks for the new update (see section GENERAL). I took a look on this version and is currently running stable on the HTC desire, android 2.0. Below some comments and recommendations:

- The new toolbar is realy a good idea to place several icons on the screen. I saw this at the astro file manager, too. Currently the toolbar builder is missing a deletion function to delete one button from the middle.

- About the zooming functions. I like the the haptic feedback :-) Someone will complain about this (costs of battery …) But I like it, great.

- I found out that if you do a long-tap on a map (not the magnifier), the map is „zooming out“. This is great. Do you plan a similar function for „zooming in“ by tapping the map (short-tap)? It is important for me to have a one-hand-operability. The gesture-zooming with two fingers might not be the best solution.

- On the oruxmaps startpage an „Exit“ would be fine. Currently you have to enter the android menue to close the application.

- GPS icon: on the HTC desire (and other cellphones maybe, too) with build in GPS, there is a buildin GPS symbol. The new GPS icon might be usefull for those user who connect to an external GPS. Maybe you can link the icon and the external GPS this together?

- with regard to the OI File Manager: I work with Astro and feel fine. Any reason for OIManager ?

Best regards, Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Feedback 2.9.4beta Empty Re: Feedback 2.9.4beta

Post  orux Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:15 pm

volker wrote:Hello orux,

thanks for the new update (see section GENERAL). I took a look on this version and is currently running stable on the HTC desire, android 2.0. Below some comments and recommendations:

- The new toolbar is realy a good idea to place several icons on the screen. I saw this at the astro file manager, too. Currently the toolbar builder is missing a deletion function to delete one button from the middle.

Thanks, volker.

working with 'delete' feature in toolbar builder.

volker wrote:
- About the zooming functions. I like the the haptic feedback :-) Someone will complain about this (costs of battery …) But I like it, great.

- I found out that if you do a long-tap on a map (not the magnifier), the map is „zooming out“. This is great. Do you plan a similar function for „zooming in“ by tapping the map (short-tap)? It is important for me to have a one-hand-operability. The gesture-zooming with two fingers might not be the best solution.

double tap --> zoom in in this place.

volker wrote:
- On the oruxmaps startpage an „Exit“ would be fine. Currently you have to enter the android menue to close the application.

This is an emergency exit, for example, if oruxmaps gets crazy, I hope it will never happen Smile

It is better than android closes oruxmaps if needs memory for other programs.

volker wrote:
- GPS icon: on the HTC desire (and other cellphones maybe, too) with build in GPS, there is a buildin GPS symbol. The new GPS icon might be usefull for those user who connect to an external GPS. Maybe you can link the icon and the external GPS this together?

Ok, changed;
volker wrote:
- with regard to the OI File Manager: I work with Astro and feel fine. Any reason for OIManager ?

Astro--> paid or Ads
OI--> open
OI--> lightweight
Astro --> very heavy for simple file/directory selection

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  volker Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm

orux wrote:
volker wrote:

double tap --> zoom in in this place.
thanks for the hint. It seems to be time for writing an usermanual :-)

orux wrote:
volker wrote:

This is an emergency exit, for example, if oruxmaps gets crazy, I hope it will never happen Smile
It is better than android closes oruxmaps if needs memory for other programs.
I was used to exit programs when finishing operations - maybe old fashioned ... I try to learn and keep it in mind Laughing .

orux wrote:
volker wrote:

Astro--> paid or Ads
OI--> open
OI--> lightweight
Astro --> very heavy for simple file/directory selection

orux

The Astro is more than just a filemanager as it comes with other tools. I installed the OI in comparison. You are right - it is much leaner. I do not require the addons of Astro, but I like its UI more - I will stay on this.

Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down