OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market)

2 posters

Go down

new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market) Empty new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market)

Post  orux Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi;

There is a new beta, which fixes some errors of 3.0, and adds:

--- 'Tap' on wpts: Opens an information dialog
--- Shows other units (not just km) in MapCreator
--- When opening map creator, by default puts the size of what you see in the mapviewer
--- Pinch to zoom (muli-touch)
--- Fastscrollview in listings wpts / tracks / geocaches
--- Time and moving speed (in statistics)
--- You can choose to view the full or partial segment (average speed, distance ,...) in the dashboard
--- Hide the android bar (Settings)
--- Geocoder wpts. You can add geocoding info to wpts when creating them.
--- Integration with GPS Status (a new button in the button bar). Opens radar mode if in geocaching or wpt nav. mode.

Waiting comments....

orux

Last edited by orux on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : 3.2.1 in the market)
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market) Empty Version 3.1.4beta

Post  johndpor Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi,
Just uploaded to the beta version.
Seems to work well - multi-touch is great.

I found a problem with 3.0 which still seems to exist in 3.14beta. Some tiles downloaded with multimap uk appear with 'not-available' images.

Presumably these are failed downloads at that zoom level ? Is there any way to refresh specific tiles in the cache ?

Thanks,

John

johndpor

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market) Empty Re: new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market)

Post  orux Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

johndpor wrote:Hi,
Just uploaded to the beta version.
Seems to work well - multi-touch is great.

I found a problem with 3.0 which still seems to exist in 3.14beta. Some tiles downloaded with multimap uk appear with 'not-available' images.

Presumably these are failed downloads at that zoom level ? Is there any way to refresh specific tiles in the cache ?

Thanks,

John

Oppps;

No, you can delete all the tiles from this map, but not refresh some tiles.

I will add this option in future versions.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market) Empty Swapping maps query?

Post  mapperT Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:05 am

This is a great app, I have used the previous versions extensively kayaking, skiing, and mtbing for work. I have the latest 3.1.5 installed I really like the pinch zooming and new tool bars. No bugs found yet.
One query: when using scanned in style topo maps that are not necessarily square and also have lots of white or other map info around the borders -is there any way to get the app to swap maps when it reaches the corners of the calibration rather than the corners of the original jpeg?
As it currently works you end up creating tracks over white pages, and either have to scroll all the way across to the new map or select "maps at current location" Its not a huge issue anyway.
Thanks again for a brilliant App!
Tim
Desire (Froyo)

mapperT

Back to top Go down

new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market) Empty Re: new beta 3.1.x (3.2.1 in the market)

Post  orux Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:40 pm

mapperT wrote:This is a great app, I have used the previous versions extensively kayaking, skiing, and mtbing for work. I have the latest 3.1.5 installed I really like the pinch zooming and new tool bars. No bugs found yet.
One query: when using scanned in style topo maps that are not necessarily square and also have lots of white or other map info around the borders -is there any way to get the app to swap maps when it reaches the corners of the calibration rather than the corners of the original jpeg?
As it currently works you end up creating tracks over white pages, and either have to scroll all the way across to the new map or select "maps at current location" Its not a huge issue anyway.

Hi, Tim;

not in current version, but in the future will be possible.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:32 pm

I tried to download the Beta .APK file but the file suffix changes to a .zip file when downloading.
Should this be happening?
do I need to change the suffix?

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 pm

twoten wrote:I tried to download the Beta .APK file but the file suffix changes to a .zip file when downloading.
Should this be happening?
do I need to change the suffix?

Hi, twoten;

I do not know why, but seems that iexplorer (this problem does not happen with firefox) changes the extension to .zip.

An .apk file is really a .zip, but the browser should let the extension as it is!

Change the extension before installing.

thanks

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Orux, don't you just love iexplorer!

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 am

Just installed the beta and I think there's a bug with the zoom.

When zooming in and out the map doesn't always change between layers, this is apparent with both the pinch zoom and zoom icons.

Also the map doesn't fill the screen after pinch zooming out, I get a square of several map tiles with the light blue background round it and if I 'pull' the map to a different area the screen then loads the other map tiles but still leaves the light blue border. Pinch zoom in the map then fills the area.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:02 pm

twoten wrote:Just installed the beta and I think there's a bug with the zoom.

When zooming in and out the map doesn't always change between layers, this is apparent with both the pinch zoom and zoom icons.

Also the map doesn't fill the screen after pinch zooming out, I get a square of several map tiles with the light blue background round it and if I 'pull' the map to a different area the screen then loads the other map tiles but still leaves the light blue border. Pinch zoom in the map then fills the area.

Hi, twoten;

I do not like the sw that thinks for me, like iexplorer, vista,....

Updated the beta to 3.1.7. Please, test if this version solves the zooming out problem.

The pinch-to-zoom has a special function; might be we have to find a consensus so that we all agree Smile

If we are in the level 100% of digital zoom, then pinch-to-zoom changes the layer, until you reach the first or last layer. If we are in the first or last layer, or at a different level of digital zoom to 100%, then pinch-to-zoom makes digital zooms.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Well done Orux, that was quick work.

The problem with the map appears to be resolved.

Not sure if I like the map jumping levels as you zoom in and out, the behavior feels a bit unpredictable.

I wonder if it would be better to restrict the pinch to zoom to the active layer and restrict the '+' & '-' keys to changing the layers, that way you know exactly how the displayed map will behave.

Keith.

Oops maybe the problem is not completely resolved, occasionally the display fails to jump to the next level down and the visible level fails to fill the screen again, then on trying again it changes level as I assume you intend.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:20 pm

twoten wrote:Well done Orux, that was quick work.

The problem with the map appears to be resolved.

Not sure if I like the map jumping levels as you zoom in and out, the behavior feels a bit unpredictable.

I wonder if it would be better to restrict the pinch to zoom to the active layer and restrict the '+' & '-' keys to changing the layers, that way you know exactly how the displayed map will behave.

Keith.

Oops maybe the problem is not completely resolved, occasionally the display fails to jump to the next level down and the visible level fails to fill the screen again, then on trying again it changes level as I assume you intend.

Hi, twoten;

I can not reproduce your error.

how often does it happen?

is there any pattern?

thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm

It seems to be intermittent, I have noticed it happens to the pinch zoom and the '+' and '-' buttons.
It looks as if it fails to load the next layer and fails to load the outer tiles leaving the blue background.

I haven't been able to find a way to recreate this, it happens when just viewing as well as when recording a track.
I can't get to do occur at the moment but will try and find a pattern.

In the mean time I have found something that would be useful, where the icons auto-hide after 10 seconds, can this be timed after the last icon pressed.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm

An update on the above:

After switching the phone on and before running any other apps, Run OruxMaps. Went into the map created with Map Creator which contains 4 levels.

With Zoom icons Zoom in to the closest level and zoom in further, now zoom out using pinch zoom the map zooms out but doesn't change level or add attached tiles.

I have also found when zooming in, when it should switch to next level it stays on the same level zooming in until it pixelates.

I have found this problem exists regardless of which method of zoom I use, I am sure it's caused by the app failing to load the next level up or down.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm

twoten wrote:An update on the above:

After switching the phone on and before running any other apps, Run OruxMaps. Went into the map created with Map Creator which contains 4 levels.

With Zoom icons Zoom in to the closest level and zoom in further, now zoom out using pinch zoom the map zooms out but doesn't change level or add attached tiles.

I have also found when zooming in, when it should switch to next level it stays on the same level zooming in until it pixelates.

I have found this problem exists regardless of which method of zoom I use, I am sure it's caused by the app failing to load the next level up or down.

Hi, twoten;

please, test the last 3.1.8beta;

thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Orux,

I think you've done it. I have tried to recreate the fault and so far it's loaded the map full screen. I will play with it during the day and let you know if I experience any other problems.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining this but I think the levels take longer to load.

I like the pinch zoom for altering the magnification of a level but I still don't like it changing the level. I feel it is unpredictable, if I want to zoom out slightly I find I've dropped down to a less detailed map. If this is going to be a feature of this app can you have an option that turns off the level jump with pinch zoom and then confines the '+' & '-' icons to just changing levels, I think this will give the user the best control of the map view?

Anyway, brilliant work Orux.

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 pm

twoten wrote:Hi Orux,

I think you've done it. I have tried to recreate the fault and so far it's loaded the map full screen. I will play with it during the day and let you know if I experience any other problems.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining this but I think the levels take longer to load.

I like the pinch zoom for altering the magnification of a level but I still don't like it changing the level. I feel it is unpredictable, if I want to zoom out slightly I find I've dropped down to a less detailed map. If this is going to be a feature of this app can you have an option that turns off the level jump with pinch zoom and then confines the '+' & '-' icons to just changing levels, I think this will give the user the best control of the map view?

Anyway, brilliant work Orux.

Please, test last 3.1.9beta; I think now it is fast than previous versions.

I will add in next to next version, new options for people can choose how 'pinch-to-zoom', 'on screen buttons' and 'volume buttons' do zooming.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 pm

It's difficult to tell but I think it a bit closer to how it was before. You will probably get a better idea when upgrading direct from 3.0.

Good news about the Pinch to Zoom options, Thanks Smile

twoten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down