OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Tracking

2 posters

Go down

Live Tracking Empty Live Tracking

Post  Alastair Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 pm

I used the Map My Tracks option for the first time yesterday - great but it eats up the battery. I started with 100% and after 4 hours I was down to 20%. (HTC Hero)

Any tips for preserving battery life?

I normally keep the mobile network switched off when using Orux Maps (which definitely helps) but need it on for live tracking. Is it possible for Orux Maps to switch on the mobile network (at the interval set in the interface), send the update to MapMyTracks and then turn it off again?

A related question: if you set the update interval to 30 minutes and finish your tracking after 50 minutes (for example) will Orux Maps send a final update to MapMyTracks when you stop logging? (I tried this today and it didn't seem to complete my tracking)

Regards,
Alastair

Alastair

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

Live Tracking Empty Re: Live Tracking

Post  orux Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Alastair wrote:I used the Map My Tracks option for the first time yesterday - great but it eats up the battery. I started with 100% and after 4 hours I was down to 20%. (HTC Hero)

Any tips for preserving battery life?

I normally keep the mobile network switched off when using Orux Maps (which definitely helps) but need it on for live tracking. Is it possible for Orux Maps to switch on the mobile network (at the interval set in the interface), send the update to MapMyTracks and then turn it off again?

A related question: if you set the update interval to 30 minutes and finish your tracking after 50 minutes (for example) will Orux Maps send a final update to MapMyTracks when you stop logging? (I tried this today and it didn't seem to complete my tracking)

Regards,
Alastair

Hi, Alastair;

It is a problem, because OruxMaps can not turn your device in airplane mode. But I will investigate if it is possible.

About the last question; when you stop live tracking or stop recording a track, all remaining points should be sent to the server. I will do some test later,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down