OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Grid display and tracking.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grid display and tracking.

Post  Just tes on Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Would it be possible to display Irish Grid position with letter (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_grid_reference_system) alongside the lat/long ? This would be really great as lat/long is not really used on land.

Also I think the tracking option is fantastic. I am already set up with a large group using gpsgate.com buddy tracker. Is there any hope of support for this service ?

If its any help, I know positions can be sent via POST example
online.gpsgate.com/gpsgate.aspx?lat=50.000&lon=-6.00000&status=A&speed=000.0&course=189.8&username=xxxxxxx&pw=xxxxxxxxxxx
(password is encrypted)

Or through their trackerone protocol
franson.com/gpsgateserver/GpsGateTrackerOne.pdf

Thanks for all your work !

Just tes
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  Jus tes on Sun May 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Meant to say I have the PHP script for encoding the password above. I can email it to you.

Jus tes
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  orux on Sun May 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Just tes wrote:Would it be possible to display Irish Grid position with letter (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_grid_reference_system) alongside the lat/long ? This would be really great as lat/long is not really used on land.

Also I think the tracking option is fantastic. I am already set up with a large group using gpsgate.com buddy tracker. Is there any hope of support for this service ?

If its any help, I know positions can be sent via POST example
online.gpsgate.com/gpsgate.aspx?lat=50.000&lon=-6.00000&status=A&speed=000.0&course=189.8&username=xxxxxxx&pw=xxxxxxxxxxx
(password is encrypted)

Or through their trackerone protocol
franson.com/gpsgateserver/GpsGateTrackerOne.pdf

Thanks for all your work !

You can display grid coordinates, but not with the specific letter system that uses Irish Grid. I will study if it is easy to implement in OruxMaps.

About gpsgate integration; added to my TODO list.

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  Jus tes on Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Great,

All of the Irish Ordnance survey maps use the letter system (I think its the same in the UK) so that would be great if there was an option. Look forward to the gpsgate tracking.

Thanks again.

Jus tes
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another though/request.

Post  Jus Tes on Sat May 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Would it be possible at some stage in the future to implement an option for sending tracking data to ones own URL/database. alongside the other Map my tracks and everytrail ?

Thanks again.

Jus Tes
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  orux on Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Jus Tes wrote:Would it be possible at some stage in the future to implement an option for sending tracking data to ones own URL/database. alongside the other Map my tracks and everytrail ?

Thanks again.

Hi, Jus;

I need to know a protocol to send tracks to other servers.

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grid display and tracking.

Post  jus tes on Mon May 10, 2010 11:06 am

I was thinking of http:// $post. with parameters for Lat,Lng,speed,heading,time and username.

I was hoping to use the information with PHP to MySql to Google maps. (I'm sure others would find this useful too)

I have been playing with "Big Brother GPS" and it works great. Its open source and code is available to download.

bk.gnarf.org/creativity/bigbrothergps/

but it would be much better to have such functionality inside of Orux maps.

_ just on a slightly different track, would it also be possible for automatic reconnects if the phone is out of GPRS coverage without the user having to restart it ?

jus tes
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  orux on Wed May 12, 2010 4:57 pm

jus tes wrote:I was thinking of http:// $post. with parameters for Lat,Lng,speed,heading,time and username.

I was hoping to use the information with PHP to MySql to Google maps. (I'm sure others would find this useful too)

I have been playing with "Big Brother GPS" and it works great. Its open source and code is available to download.

bk.gnarf.org/creativity/bigbrothergps/

but it would be much better to have such functionality inside of Orux maps.

_ just on a slightly different track, would it also be possible for automatic reconnects if the phone is out of GPRS coverage without the user having to restart it ?

I will study an universal way of connection.

About GPRS, I do not understand the problem,

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Generic live tracking

Post  stevenhorner on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:36 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for and would love this to be added to OruxMaps.

For an example of how this could work, OSMand implements exactly this. https://code.google.com/p/osmand/wiki/HowToSetupOnlineTracking is a good example of how OSMand submits the data via a URL and how to actually use the data.

What OSMand does is it replaces fields with data, so for instance if I entered the following url:
http://mysite.com/lat={0}&lon={1}&hdop={2}&latitude={3}

{0} would be replaced with the actual latitude, {1) would be replaced with the actual longitude, etc. Then this url would be submitted and whatever was on the other end would collect that data. In the linked example above it allows a spreadsheet to store the values. Instead of a google spreadsheet a PHP script could be adding those values to a mySQL database.

This process of replacing default values with the actual data would allow any service that uses this style of data submission to be added. I think GPSGate actually allows this style of submission too.

If this doesn't make sense and you need more information or you need any sort of testing I am happy to oblige.

I love OruxMaps, keep up the excellent work.

stevenhorner

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2013-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  orux on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:35 pm

stevenhorner wrote:This is exactly what I was looking for and would love this to be added to OruxMaps.

For an example of how this could work, OSMand implements exactly this. https://code.google.com/p/osmand/wiki/HowToSetupOnlineTracking is a good example of how OSMand submits the data via a URL and how to actually use the data.

What OSMand does is it replaces fields with data, so for instance if I entered the following url:
http://mysite.com/lat={0}&lon={1}&hdop={2}&latitude={3}

{0} would be replaced with the actual latitude, {1) would be replaced with the actual longitude, etc. Then this url would be submitted and whatever was on the other end would collect that data. In the linked example above it allows a spreadsheet to store the values. Instead of a google spreadsheet a PHP script could be adding those values to a mySQL database.

This process of replacing default values with the actual data would allow any service that uses this style of data submission to be added. I think GPSGate actually allows this style of submission too.

If this doesn't make sense and you need more information or you need any sort of testing I am happy to oblige.

I love OruxMaps, keep up the excellent work.

Hi;

you can implement gpsgate protocol, it is easy, and OruxMaps is ready for use.

OruxMaps sends to your url something like:
$FRCMD,353857014816785,_SendMessage,,4748.00000,N,3430.00000,W,34.6,...

and you should answer something like:
$FRRET,353857014816785,_SendMessage*40

or you can mplement okmap protocol.

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  stevenhorner on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:00 pm

I've looked at: http://franson.com/gpsgateserver/GpsGateServerProtocol200.pdf
but I'm not sure exactly how OruxMaps has implemented it, so I don't know what commands to expect and deal with.

The HTTP Position Updates mentioned on page 11 of that document is what I was hoping for.

From the example you gave I am guessing I would have to return information to OruxMaps.


stevenhorner

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2013-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grid display and tracking.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:47 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum