OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices

2 posters

Go down

Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices  Empty Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices

Post  Mac_Aravan Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:25 am

Hi All,

So I have just updated my Nexus 4 to android 4.3, mainly interested by Polar H7 HR strap.

Is there a slight chance that it will work out-of-the-box? Otherwise I will be happy to do some beta testing to support it.

Mac_Aravan

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices  Empty Re: Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices

Post  orux Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:06 am

Mac_Aravan wrote:Hi All,

So I have just updated my Nexus 4 to android 4.3, mainly interested by Polar H7 HR strap.

Is there a slight chance that it will work out-of-the-box? Otherwise I will be happy to do some beta testing to support it.

Hi;

the applications are not hardware dependent. If both devices support bt 4.0 Android should use that connection.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices  Empty Re: Android 4.3 and Bluetooth smart devices

Post  Mac_Aravan Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks, I just ordered the H7, I will post update when I try it out.

Mac_Aravan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mac_Aravan Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

After testing with H7: nexus 4 with android 4.3 is still not compatible with smart bluetooth, despite that google said 4.3 is smartbluetooth enabled (and nexus 4 hardware support it)...

After fidling a little, I am able to pair H7: remove H7 battery, reinsert it and wear the H7, you will be able to pair.
i can select it in orux, but I could not find how to display HRM info (didn't check if it is recorded yet).

Mac_Aravan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mac_Aravan Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:21 pm

No luck having HRM info (with any apps). No surprise as BLE requires to use a new set of APIs:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth-le.html

Mac_Aravan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mac_Aravan Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 am

Tested today with an updated version of BLE Heart rate monitor, the H7 is detected and BLE can connect to it.
Oruxmap is not able to connect (tested with store version and last beta), it reports connection failed.

I guess it's the change in API 18 (BLE device requires different connection model). Do you plan to update orumaps?

Mac_Aravan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down