OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track recording has missing sections

3 posters

Go down

Track recording has missing sections Empty Track recording has missing sections

Post  yorkiebar Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi,

I've a new user of OruxMaps and have tried using it to record mountain bike rides.  On both occasions I've used it the recorded track is incomplete, with a "missing" section within the whole ride.  On the tracklog I see a direct straight line covering the section of track which was not recorded.

From some googling I can see that others have reported the same issue  ( http://knobblytarmac.co.uk/?page_id=795 for example ).

Are there any plans to investigate this issue ?  It's a great app but this issue is a deal breaker for me, would be a shame to have to use something else.

Version v5.5.2

Thanks.

yorkiebar

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Track recording has missing sections Empty Re: Track recording has missing sections

Post  orux Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm

yorkiebar wrote:Hi,

I've a new user of OruxMaps and have tried using it to record mountain bike rides.  On both occasions I've used it the recorded track is incomplete, with a "missing" section within the whole ride.  On the tracklog I see a direct straight line covering the section of track which was not recorded.

From some googling I can see that others have reported the same issue  ( http://knobblytarmac.co.uk/?page_id=795 for example ).

Are there any plans to investigate this issue ?  It's a great app but this issue is a deal breaker for me, would be a shame to have to use something else.

Version v5.5.2

Thanks.

Hi;

Android can kill OruxMaps if it needs resources for other applications. In this case it may lose the points not stored in the database, meanwhile Android restarts OruxMaps again.

If this is common, change 'settings--tracks/routes--auto save' value to zero minutes.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Track recording has missing sections Empty Re: Track recording has missing sections

Post  yorkiebar Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

yorkiebar

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkiebar Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Well rode a 45mile route today and there are still some missing track sections even with the 0 minute save setting. Seems better though but still enough of a problem for me to have to use something else for track recording.

yorkiebar

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnieBlaze Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:54 pm

I've had the same problem for the 6 or so months I've been using oruxmaps. Very noticeable on motorcycle rides when the missing track points can add up to miles. I was mountain biking last week and wanted to record the track to show some friends. The trail was very tight and twisty, lots of turns. When I viewed the track on my phone (and later exported the GPX file to my computer), there were no details of the turns, just a lot of straight lines that obviously didn't follow the trail because of the missing points in between.

Maybe my settings are messed up?:
Minimum time: 0 secs
Minimum distance: 10 meters
Accuracy for position fix: 100 meters

Any idea how to make the phone stop killing Oruxmaps when it needs resources...if that's what's really happening?

JonnieBlaze

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkiebar Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:30 pm

I don't buy the shutdown/restart theory, I just think there's a bug in the app unfortunately.

yorkiebar

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 pm

JonnieBlaze wrote:I've had the same problem for the 6 or so months I've been using oruxmaps.  Very noticeable on motorcycle rides when the missing track points can add up to miles.  I was mountain biking last week and wanted to record the track to show some friends.  The trail was very tight and twisty, lots of turns.  When I viewed the track on my phone (and later exported the GPX file to my computer), there were no details of the turns, just a lot of straight lines that obviously didn't follow the trail because of the missing points in between.

Maybe my settings are messed up?:
Minimum time: 0 secs
Minimum distance: 10 meters
Accuracy for position fix: 100 meters

Any idea how to make the phone stop killing Oruxmaps when it needs resources...if that's what's really happening?

Hi,

Change 'settings--tracks/routes--auto save' value to zero minutes.

And try to let oruxmaps at foreground when you turn off the screen.

You can also try to record simultaneously with other route application (mytracks,...). If you find new bugs, please send me both tracks.-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down