OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regular alarm sound when recording a track

2 posters

Go down

Regular alarm sound when recording a track Empty Regular alarm sound when recording a track

Post  MrGlenn Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

I use OruxMaps for walking and it is fantastic. I load a gpx file created on a PC and use this to help me follow my route. I also record the track I have followed to keep for my records and to provide information about actual distance walked etc.
Using the latest update of OruxMaps (auto update from about 3-4 weeks ago) whenever I am recording a track an alarm sounds every 2 minutes. If I turn off recording the alarm sound stops. It happens whether I have loaded a route or not. I have tried disabling alarms, but this makes no difference. The only alarm I normally use is the route alarm and I have changed the tone of this as a way of eliminating it. The alarm will only stop if I turn off recording.
I have used OruxMaps for a while now and this problem was not present on previous versions. Cant remember which version was OK, but the problem started about 3-4 weeks ago.
OruxMaps v.4.8.37 on Samsung Galaxy W

MrGlenn

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Regular alarm sound when recording a track Empty Re: Regular alarm sound when recording a track

Post  MrGlenn Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 pm

I have tried downgrading to version 4.8.12 and then to version 4.6.3. The annoying alarm still sounds every two minutes. This definitely did not happen before when I was running an older version, so now I am confused. What could be causing an alarm to sound every two minutes when recording a track?

MrGlenn

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Regular alarm sound when recording a track Empty Re: Regular alarm sound when recording a track

Post  cacciatorino Wed May 29, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm having the same problem with Orux 5.2.4: I guess that Orux is complaing about loosing ANT+ connection.

It doesn't matter if I turn off the alarms and put down the volume: the alarm is always there!

I use ANT+ for cadence, and it seems to me that cadence data are present in the GPX file, so I don't know the reason to generate this alarm.

cacciatorino

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down