OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everytrail upload: images don't make it

Go down

everytrail upload: images don't make it Empty everytrail upload: images don't make it

Post  Athodyd Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:10 pm

oruxmaps on htc eris, with 5/2010 android update and recent oruxmaps update
oruxmaps successfully uploads track and waypoint data, but does not upload images. (image upload is a separate process/separate button, the button becoming highlighted after uploading track/waypoint data.)
I was trying to upload 15 images, total size=33m. (maybe the size was the problem, but no notification/error message)

Athodyd

Back to top Go down

everytrail upload: images don't make it Empty Re: everytrail upload: images don't make it

Post  orux Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Athodyd wrote:oruxmaps on htc eris, with 5/2010 android update and recent oruxmaps update
oruxmaps successfully uploads track and waypoint data, but does not upload images. (image upload is a separate process/separate button, the button becoming highlighted after uploading track/waypoint data.)
I was trying to upload 15 images, total size=33m. (maybe the size was the problem, but no notification/error message)

Hi, I have not tested with this size;

I will do more test.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

everytrail upload: images don't make it Empty Examples of this

Post  athodyd Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Since my initial post I've tried loading a second hike with photos, this time 18M of images, smaller by setting the camera resolution down a bit. Still, the pics didn't make it.

Also, the two buttons where I upload to everytrail, one to upload the track, the second the images, is kind of confusing; i don't see the reason why they'd be separate. Image upload may be a separate operation, but the image upload MUST follow the track upload; i can't navigate away from that screen and come back later. A checkbox saying I want to/don't want to include images might be better.

Following are some examples:

1. A successful upload of both track and images from May 10, 2010 (BEFORE the two recent Oruxmaps updates)

2. The attempt first reported (33M of images):

3. A subsequent attempt (18M of images):

athodyd

Back to top Go down

everytrail upload: images don't make it Empty Examples

Post  Athodyd Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:03 pm

The 3 links relating to the above (the hyperlink button on the input form doesn't seem to be working)

1. (successful):

2. First where images don't make it.

3. Second with smaller image volume where images didn't make it.

Athodyd

Back to top Go down

everytrail upload: images don't make it Empty Examples (geesh)

Post  Athodyd Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 pm

the address still doesn't show above. Trying again below (feel free to delete prior entry(s)):

1 (successful): everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=612510

2 33m images don't make it: everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=657646

3 18m of images don't make it: everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=660318

Athodyd

Back to top Go down

everytrail upload: images don't make it Empty Re: everytrail upload: images don't make it

Post  orux Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:41 am

Athodyd wrote:the address still doesn't show above. Trying again below (feel free to delete prior entry(s)):

1 (successful): everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=612510

2 33m images don't make it: everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=657646

3 18m of images don't make it: everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=660318

Hi, Athodyd;

Not sure what happens, but I am doing some changes to everytrail uploader; I hope they will remove these problems,

orux.
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Athodyd Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 am

Correction on the successful upload above: That was actually done via My Tracks which I was using after the 2.x android update (when orux wasn't writing to the db) and before your subsequent update.

Athodyd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down