OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light

4 posters

Go down

Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light Empty Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light

Post  vinssurfer Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello,

Is-it possible to keep the GPS on when the phone is on stand by mode?
Or shutdown the screen light for save battery's life?

I have found in the menu setting-application-screen always on and put the brightness at DIM WAKE LOCK but the screen is always on.

Thanks.

vinssurfer

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light Empty Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light

Post  Uli Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm

What phone do you use?
I suppose it is depending on the phone.
I use a HTC One XL and can switch off the phone
but GPS and Oruxmaps are still runing.
Sometimes that is very usefull if you want only to record a track.
Uli
Uli
Uli

Cantidad de envíos : 129

Back to top Go down

Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light Empty Re: Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light

Post  vinssurfer Wed May 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Before I had an HTC Desire HD and I had no problem.
Now, I have a Chinese phone Miz Z2.
But I tested an other specific GPS application for keep gps on when the phone is in stand by mode and that work fine.
I think that the software can control it

vinssurfer

Back to top Go down

Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light Empty Re: Keep gps on in stand by mode or shutdown the sreen light

Post  orux Tue May 21, 2013 7:20 pm

vinssurfer wrote:Before I had an HTC Desire HD and I had no problem.
Now, I have a Chinese phone Miz Z2.
But I tested an other specific GPS application for keep gps on when the phone is in stand by mode and that work fine.
I think that the software can control it

Hi;

if you are recording a track or following a route, the gps should be on in stand by mode.

if you are not recording a track, or following a route, OruxMaps turns off the gps when the phone enter in stand by mode.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  vinssurfer Wed May 22, 2013 8:43 pm

I record a track but when I go in stand by mode, my GPS turn off. My android version is 4.2.1

vinssurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  vinssurfer Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I have tested other softwares (Twonav, Androzic) and with theses softwares, GPS keep on in standby mode.
I'm under android 4.2.1

vinssurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  micha_he Thu May 30, 2013 11:13 am

orux wrote:
if you are recording a track or following a route, the gps should be on in stand by mode.

if you are not recording a track, or following a route, OruxMaps turns off the gps when the phone enter in stand by mode.

orux

Can you make this configurable in a newer version. I often not track or follow a route, but my DesireHD takes a while to fix gps. So i only dim the screen ! But in this state i can't put in my pocket.

This configuration possibility would by nice.
Thanks

Micha

micha_he

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  micha_he Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Is a configuration option possible ? Please, please I love you 

Regards,
Micha

micha_he

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

micha_he wrote:Is a configuration option possible ? Please, please I love you 

Regards,
Micha

Hi;

It is a dangerous configuration, the battery can be drained quickly.

If you want the gps remains on, start recording a track; OruxMaps will keep a notice on the android status bar. If you do not want keep it after, then simply delete it.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  micha_he Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:41 am

This is my actual workaround for the problem, but this is cumbersome (delete permanently the tracks) !

The problem is, my GPS-Fix sometimes takes up to 2 minutes, until I see the current position.
When i let the display on (dimmed), i can't put it in my pocket/backpack. So i must always record tracks, to prevent that gps goes off.

It was just a suggestion.
Micha

micha_he

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down