OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to prevent switching to "world" map?

3 posters

Go down

How to prevent switching to "world" map? Empty How to prevent switching to "world" map?

Post  pjtodd Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 am

The zoom autoload feature is generally useful, but the tendency to switch right out to the world map seems to be something few would ever want.

Is there a way of preventing this?

pjtodd

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

How to prevent switching to "world" map? Empty Re: How to prevent switching to "world" map?

Post  pjtodd Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:50 am

To answer my own question, I suppose one simply needs to make sure you have some intermediate level maps stored. Still, I feel it would be better if it tended to bias slightly more towards zooming out of the higher detail view.

pjtodd

Back to top Go down

How to prevent switching to "world" map? Empty Re: How to prevent switching to "world" map?

Post  barte Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 pm

In my experience, the world view comes in when no other mapping data is available for a given location. If I'm using an online map (i.e. OSM), that only happens if my phone is offline. In other words, there's no relevant data to zoom out of.

barte

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  pjtodd Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 pm

I think that's right; I've just fairly often encountered it by accident, and feel like it might be better if it was more biased towards downscaling the view of a high resolution layer if that's all that's available. Really though, the simple solution is to just download a few low resolution layers so that there's reduced risk of hitting something for which there's no coverage; it's not like they take up much space.

I feel a bit stupid for not realising that before, but still think it's a slight usability niggle. It's sometimes quite hard to zoom back in on a sensible map once it goes out to the world one - normally tends to happen at a slightly awkward moment.

pjtodd

Back to top Go down

Post  barte Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Exactly. The maps take so little space that you can afford to be generous.

barte

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  JoachimS Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Try this setting: Go to Settings --> Maps --> Maps AutoLoad and choose 'Never'.
Joachim

JoachimS

Cantidad de envíos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down