OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracks / Routes

4 posters

Go down

Tracks / Routes Empty Tracks / Routes

Post  Pete Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,
Excellent application - Thank You!
Could you please give the option to view / hide "push pin" icons on a route or track? If the route has many points it becomes hidden under all the push pin icons.
Thanks, Pete

Pete

Back to top Go down

Tracks / Routes Empty Re: Tracks / Routes

Post  asperge Fri May 28, 2010 11:37 am

Hi Pete,

In application settings, you can select 'No icons'. It will display dots instead of icons. I think this is what you are looking for.

asperge

Cantidad de envíos : 49

Back to top Go down

Tracks / Routes Empty Hide Waypoints

Post  MicJ Sat May 29, 2010 6:56 am

I think, that this is a good idea. I have a lot of tracks in different formats (mostly ozi plt format).

When I convert them (with gpsbabel) to kml or gpx every track point is converted into a waypoint such that every point appears twice: as a waypoint and also as a track point. Since track points are very dense, the graphical representation in oruxmaps looks quite horrible. Disabling icons helps a little bit, but the points still are way too thick. I help myself by now with a kml postprocessor, deleting the waypoints in the kml file. If oruxmaps could suppress the waypoint rendering and just display a spline those tracks would look much better.

MicJ

MicJ

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat May 29, 2010 4:26 pm

MicJ wrote:I think, that this is a good idea. I have a lot of tracks in different formats (mostly ozi plt format).

When I convert them (with gpsbabel) to kml or gpx every track point is converted into a waypoint such that every point appears twice: as a waypoint and also as a track point. Since track points are very dense, the graphical representation in oruxmaps looks quite horrible. Disabling icons helps a little bit, but the points still are way too thick. I help myself by now with a kml postprocessor, deleting the waypoints in the kml file. If oruxmaps could suppress the waypoint rendering and just display a spline those tracks would look much better.

MicJ

Hi, MicJ;

I think that you can edit the file, and delete <wpt> section before uploading to oruxmaps folder.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Tracks / Routes Empty Hide Waypoints

Post  volker Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am

MicJ wrote:I think, that this is a good idea. I have a lot of tracks in different formats (mostly ozi plt format).

MicJ

I like the idea to hide a waypoint depending on the zoom-level, e.g. if the scale of the map is more then 20 km (see the bar on the left bottom side), the name of the waypoint is not usefull anymore for me. Maybe it could be an idea, to suppress the name and only show a dot for the waypoint. By zooming into more details, the waypoint-name could be fading in again.

Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down