OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OffLine Maps

3 posters

Go down

OffLine Maps Empty OffLine Maps

Post  hommie Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:14 am

In new version 5.0.0 to 5.0.2, when I zoom out the only map shown is the layer that was previously at 100% which is now smaller and the surrounding areas blank. In V4 it would load adjacent layers/maps so the screen would be filled with the map.

Is there going to be an auto pause/start function added?

Great app.

Cheers,

Hommie

hommie

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

OffLine Maps Empty Re: OffLine Maps

Post  orux Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

hommie wrote:In new version 5.0.0 to 5.0.2, when I zoom out the only map shown is the layer that was previously at 100% which is now smaller and the surrounding areas blank. In V4 it would load adjacent layers/maps so the screen would be filled with the map.

Is there going to be an auto pause/start function added?

Great app.

Cheers,

Hommie

Hi;

there are 3 ways of zooming; and the zoom can be digital or layer to layer.

you can change the zoom settings in 'settings--maps--zoom settings'

there is a 'auto pause' new option. You can enable that feature in settings--tracks--'autosegment if no movement'

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  hommie Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the problem. When I zoom out the map layer does not zoom out as well to layers that would allow the screen to be filled with the map at a different zoom level. Instead I only get the same layer reduced in size, which is the original layer but now smaller and the surrounding areas in blue (no map). As I pan the display adjacent layers open individually but not as a complete map of the area, only the block that is centered. This has only happened with the new Version 5. I also downloaded a MapForge of Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei. When I first opened it it worked normally but now when I go back to it the same thing happens, only a layer/block is shown at a time. If I zoom back in the map will fill the screen but when I reach the edge of that block the software has a slight delay while it loads the adjacent one. Hope this makes sense. Like I said, this did not happen with V4. I have tried all the various setting at the Zoom setting but nothing made a difference.

For the Auto Segment Distance. Can you add a decimal point to the keypad. when I go to the Distance in miles the min is 1 mile which is too far before the app starts a new segment.

Thanks,

Hommie

hommie

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  mett64 Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:05 pm

The same here, I think this is a bug! (last version used, 5 beta 8 )

See the next screenshot:
There is data in the black areas, but it is not displayed by the app!... I mean: at the last layer (15), you can see everything by scrolling the map, but when you ZOOM OUT, you see just a small square (as in the picture). Orux, what do you think about?

Gracias!!!!

OffLine Maps Screenshot2013012115504

mett64

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm

mett64 wrote:The same here, I think this is a bug! (last version used, 5 beta 8 )

See the next screenshot:
There is data in the black areas, but it is not displayed by the app!... I mean: at the last layer (15), you can see everything by scrolling the map, but when you ZOOM OUT, you see just a small square (as in the picture). Orux, what do you think about?

Gracias!!!!

OffLine Maps Screenshot2013012115504

You are using the digital zoom. OruxMaps can display a limited number of tiles (depends of your device) for example, 16x16 tiles. If you zoom out digitally more than 20%, you will see that effect.

Check your zoom settings in settings--maps--zoom settings.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down