OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps.

+2
orux
Powelldog
6 posters

Go down

unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps. Empty unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps.

Post  Powelldog Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi
I am having a problem saving my tracks after a hike.
I select stop recording and the Motorola Droid, Orux maps will error with a message box saying "Cannot save track". (or someting like that)
Sometimes it will give me the same error on starting a track, If I cycle the power it will not give the start error again.
then if I try to save an Online map to a offline map, it will error with his message "Error creating map files"

any suggestions to get it to save to the SD card?

Thanks in advance for your help and a great product.
David

Powelldog

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps. Empty Re: unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps.

Post  orux Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Powelldog wrote:Hi
I am having a problem saving my tracks after a hike.
I select stop recording and the Motorola Droid, Orux maps will error with a message box saying "Cannot save track". (or someting like that)
Sometimes it will give me the same error on starting a track, If I cycle the power it will not give the start error again.
then if I try to save an Online map to a offline map, it will error with his message "Error creating map files"

any suggestions to get it to save to the SD card?

Thanks in advance for your help and a great product.
David

Hi, David;

It seems a problem to access the sdcard.

Is it working fine (the sdcard) with other applications?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps. Empty Re: unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps.

Post  Powelldog Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 pm

yes I have not had any other problems with it.

It has been doing this for quite a while, at least since last summer it would not save tracks sometimes. Now I have not saved a single track this year.
D.

Powelldog

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Powelldog wrote:yes I have not had any other problems with it.

It has been doing this for quite a while, at least since last summer it would not save tracks sometimes. Now I have not saved a single track this year.
D.

We can try:

0.-export your tracks/wpts.
1.-rename oruxmapstracks.db file (inside sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs/ folder)
2.restart OruxMaps. A new tracks database will be created.

try with the new database.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Powelldog Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:43 pm

when you say export tracks/waypoints do you mean to copy the folder an paste somewhere else, or is there an export waypoints in the Orux program.
D.

Powelldog

Back to top Go down

Post  Powelldog Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 pm

ok, so I saved the tracks/waypoints
deleted the Oruxmapstracks.db file
restarted the program...

still cannot save the tracks
and cannot save an online map to an offline map.

any other suggestions?
thanks again.

I could removed the program and all it's data and try that.
I have all my maps saved on my computer, that I have created using MOAC

Powelldog

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Powelldog wrote:ok, so I saved the tracks/waypoints
deleted the Oruxmapstracks.db file
restarted the program...

still cannot save the tracks
and cannot save an online map to an offline map.

any other suggestions?
thanks again.

I could removed the program and all it's data and try that.
I have all my maps saved on my computer, that I have created using MOAC

Really strange;

try the last resource: uninstall/install again the application,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

unable to save tracks, or online maps as offline maps. Empty Same here

Post  danysun Mon May 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Hey there..

I think I've got the same problem here.. Just did a tour this morning and recorded a track, using an offline map from openstreetmap.. When I stopped the track recording I got an error message like 'unable to save file'.. But then it says 'Successfully saved to database'. When I switch to the tracks-panel, there is no track in there!?
I tried to reinstall the app, didn't work..

Any ideas? No problems with the sd-card so far..

danysun

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  lupus00 Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Looks that I've got same problem on HTC Desire.

I have empty track list as well. Tryed to restore db from backups but that didn't help.
Any Ideas?

lupus00

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  ramble Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 pm

I may experience the same problem. Tracks are not saved and the track-database is empty.

When oruxmaps is saving I get the error-message:
sqlite returned: error code = 1, msg = no such column: trackdir, db=/data/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/databases/oruxmapsmaps.db

I deleted the database, restarted the sql-task and tried again but without any change.

ramble

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:32 pm

ramble wrote:I may experience the same problem. Tracks are not saved and the track-database is empty.

When oruxmaps is saving I get the error-message:
sqlite returned: error code = 1, msg = no such column: trackdir, db=/data/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/databases/oruxmapsmaps.db

I deleted the database, restarted the sql-task and tried again but without any change.

Hi;

if you updated from an old OruxMaps version, may be there is a missing column in a table.

send me your oruxmapstracks.db file --> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  ramble Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

orux was able to figure it out. The following worked for me as a fix:

$ sqlite3 oruxmaps/tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db
SQLite version 3.7.9 2011-11-01 00:52:41
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
> alter table tracks add trackdir text;
> exit;

ramble

Back to top Go down

Post  calexe Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 pm

ramble wrote:orux was able to figure it out. The following worked for me as a fix:

[font=Courier New]$ sqlite3 oruxmaps/tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db
SQLite version 3.7.9 2011-11-01 00:52:41
Hello ramble,
Could you be more specific what was the fix was? Sorry, I could not figure out what you did from your previous message. Thanks in advance.

Anyhow, I have similar problems as reported in this topic with OruxMaps 4.8.61 running on Motorola Defy Plus MB526 w. Android 2.3.6.
- The OruxMaps often freezes, but not always, when loading online maps like Google Hybrid; but also with other maps.
- Same when loading waypoints in .gpx or .kml formats fromSD card.
- "Freeze" means that the whole system freezes; I need to remove battery to restart the phone, in both above cases.
- Trying to create offline maps I end all the time with "Error creating map files". I remember a couple of days ago I, when I just installed OruxMaps, I played creating offline maps and it worked. Now not anymore...

Until now I reinstalled several times OruxMaps. Problems persist. I also deleteted oruxmapstracks.db and the software generated a new one. It seemes that OruxMaps does not freeze anymore, but I did not test long enogh to be sure. But I still cannot create offline maps, I always get "Error creating map files". Does any of you have a clue to what is happening? Thank you in advance!

calexe

Cantidad de envíos : 2

http://www.fpix.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  ramble Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 pm

calexe wrote:Hello ramble,
Could you be more specific what was the fix was? Sorry, I could not figure out what you did from your previous message. Thanks in advance.

I downloaded the oruxmaps/tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db file from my sdcard. Opened it on the commandline using sqlite3, entered the commands described and reuploaded the file to my phone.
Instead of doing the commandline step, you can also use firefox sqlite manager plugin and add 'trackdir' column (TEXT) to 'tracks' table.

Good luck! Smile

ramble

Back to top Go down

Post  calexe Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks rumble,
Before starting your procedure I noticed that my oruxmapstracks.db in the tracklogs directory waas 0 bytes large. I do not know why. So, I desinstalled OruxMaps, I deleted manually the oruxmap directory (waypaoints where saved on PC in advance), I reinstalled OruxMaps - and now it is creating my first offline map. Apparantly thigs seem to be ok now. It seemes the critical point was to delete completely the oruxmaps directory.

calexe

Cantidad de envíos : 2

http://www.fpix.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down