OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved]

3 posters

Go down

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] Empty Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved]

Post  WSeb Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:44 pm

I encounter a strange behavior of OruxMaps since I updated my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) to Android 4.2.1 using CyanogenMod 10.1. The problem is described below:
As you can see on this screenshot, I'm supposed to have traveled 71km in 38min with an average speed of 120 km/h although in reality I traveled 2.7km at an average speed of 4.4 km/h. The same speed problem can also be seen on the graph. In contrast, the maximum speed is correct and if I export the track in gpx format, all the information it contains (including the distance and speed) is also correct.

Is the problem coming from a bad setting in OruxMaps? A problem in Android 4.2? In CM10.1? In my phone?
What can I doto fix it?

Last edited by WSeb on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : title changed)

WSeb

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] Empty Re: Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved]

Post  capoccia3 Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 pm

me too with CM10.1 and galaxy nexus.

https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t2860-units-in-computer

And I find a strange behavior when I use ruler. If I move some mm the km change very much!

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] 2013-01-01%2018.06.40

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] 2013-01-01%2018.06.50

capoccia3

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] Empty Same error concerning rhe ruler

Post  WSeb Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:37 pm

I have noticed the same bahavior.
I tried changing the unit settings but nothing has changed.

WSeb

Back to top Go down

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] Empty Re: Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved]

Post  orux Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 pm

WSeb wrote:I have noticed the same bahavior.
I tried changing the unit settings but nothing has changed.

Hi, thanks;

Which kind of map are you using (online, offline, datum/projection,...)?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  capoccia3 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:25 pm

I use OSM cyclemap online and offline downloaded with oruxmaps and rmap created with compegpsland. I used this map witn 4.6.2 without problem.Would you like I install old version for understand if the problem is orux 5 or android 4.2?

capoccia3

Back to top Go down

Post  WSeb Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi,
I tried with both online and offline maps. I'm currently using the NTF (Paris): Centre France datum but I also tried with the WGS84 : global definition datum.

By the way the NTF (Paris): Centre France isn't anymore the legal datum in France. It has been replaced by the RGF93 datum completed by the Lambert 93 projection (for more information, follow this link, sorry it's only in french). I May help you integrating this datum in OruxMaps if you want, just tell me the data you need.

WSeb

Back to top Go down

Post  capoccia3 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:00 am

Problem SOLVED!!!! cheers

The problem was CM10.1, with the last update it's ok.

@WSEB: You too?

Thanks Orux!

capoccia3

Back to top Go down

Tracks data & ruler problem on android 4.2 [solved] Empty Solved

Post  WSeb Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes, this problem was specific to CM 10.1 and was solved by this patch http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/29732/
By the way, very good software ! I like the new UI...

WSeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down