OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr) Empty New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr)

Post  jean Mon May 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Orux,
First, thanks a lot for your soft. It’s a very good map viewer and I think the best on the android market.
In fact, I would like to ask you if you can introduce in Oruxmaps desktop a new projection type. I’m French and I try to calibrate IGN maps which is a really good source for 1/25000 maps.
Originally, IGN used a RGF93 datum and a Lambert93 projection for their printed maps. Since RGF93 datum is equivalent to WGS84 datum and Lambert projection are included in Oruxmaps desktop I have no problem to import scan from my old paper IGN maps.
My problem comes with the IGN maps portal that provides online the same 1/25000 maps. The point is that in the Geoportail website they change the projection and use now a so called GEOPORTALFXX projection (which is not a Mercator projection like google maps).
From my investigations, this projection is a kind of lat/long projection but I’m not sure kind of lat/long projection but I’m not sure since I don’t get good result using them in oruxmaps desktop.
So if you can have a look on this your soft will be just perfect for French users.

Please let me know if I can help you on this.

Regards,
Jean

jean

Back to top Go down

New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr) Empty Re: New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr)

Post  orux Mon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

jean wrote:Hi Orux,
First, thanks a lot for your soft. It’s a very good map viewer and I think the best on the android market.
In fact, I would like to ask you if you can introduce in Oruxmaps desktop a new projection type. I’m French and I try to calibrate IGN maps which is a really good source for 1/25000 maps.
Originally, IGN used a RGF93 datum and a Lambert93 projection for their printed maps. Since RGF93 datum is equivalent to WGS84 datum and Lambert projection are included in Oruxmaps desktop I have no problem to import scan from my old paper IGN maps.
My problem comes with the IGN maps portal that provides online the same 1/25000 maps. The point is that in the Geoportail website they change the projection and use now a so called GEOPORTALFXX projection (which is not a Mercator projection like google maps).
From my investigations, this projection is a kind of lat/long projection but I’m not sure kind of lat/long projection but I’m not sure since I don’t get good result using them in oruxmaps desktop.
So if you can have a look on this your soft will be just perfect for French users.

Please let me know if I can help you on this.

Regards,
Jean

Hi, Jean;

It is a equirectangular projection-->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equirectangular_projection

PROJCS["Geoportail - France metropolitaine",
GEOGCS["Reseau geodesique francais 1993",
DATUM["Reseau geodesique francais 1993",
SPHEROID["IAG GRS 1980",6378137.0000,298.2572221010000,
AUTHORITY["IGNF","ELG037"]],
TOWGS84[0.0000,0.0000,0.0000,0,0,0,0],
AUTHORITY["IGNF","REG024"]],
PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.000000000,
AUTHORITY["IGNF","LGO01"]],
UNIT["degree",0.01745329251994330],
AXIS["Longitude",EAST],
AXIS["Latitude",NORTH],
AUTHORITY["IGNF","RGF93G"]],
PROJECTION["Equirectangular",
AUTHORITY["IGNF","PRC9001"]],
PARAMETER["semi_major",6378137.0000],
PARAMETER["semi_minor",6378137.0000],
PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0.000000000],
PARAMETER["central_meridian",0.000000000],
PARAMETER["standard_parallel_1",46.500000000],
PARAMETER["false_easting",0.000],
PARAMETER["false_northing",0.000],
UNIT["metre",1],
AXIS["Easting",EAST],
AXIS["Northing",NORTH],
AUTHORITY["IGNF","GEOPORTALFXX"]]

Not implemented, but will be easy to add support in OruxMaps.

Have you tried 'flat earth' projection? If your maps are not big, I think will work fine meanwhile.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr) Empty Re: New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr)

Post  jean Mon May 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your fast answer.
I tried flat earth projection and it gives me the best results of all projections in small maps but it is not so precise for 1/25000 maps.
I find the same informations about the projection and this is the same as used by Google earth...
Your research also confirm that the RGF93 datum ("Reseau geodesique francais 1993") is equal to WGS84 as I said.
I will be very happy if you introduced this projection in Oruxmaps desktop...

Jean

jean

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolas Tue May 11, 2010 2:22 pm

I am also interested...

Nicolas

Back to top Go down

Post  asperge Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi Jean,

How do you export maps from the french geoportail? I would be interested to export, but to my knowledge, it's not possible to do it directly. Do you know any tools which use their API?

asperge

Cantidad de envíos : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm

asperge wrote:Hi Jean,

How do you export maps from the french geoportail? I would be interested to export, but to my knowledge, it's not possible to do it directly. Do you know any tools which use their API?

Hi, asperge;

they have some wms--> http://api.ign.fr/geoportail/api/doc/webmaster/wmsc.html

I was testing some of them, but I think we have to use an API key.

Perhaps there are some public wms.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Wed May 12, 2010 8:59 am

Hi todos,

@asperge
You're right, actually it is impossible to export directly the maps.
One solution is to catch the geoportail tiles store in your web browser temporary files. But the tiles are note recovering each other (impossible to stitch) and the files names are totaly random so it is like making a puzzle by hand ! This solution is not suitable for large areas...
The second solution is to capture the map by PrintScreen method. You grab many screen capture with recovery sides between them and just merge it with a stitch image tool. It can be long but some people made some utilities to do it automaticly Very Happy (capture, moving map, capture again and merge images...). I use this one:
It is in French but not to hard to understand.
After that you can save your map in .bmp and use it with Oruxmapsdesktop. There is just a problem of projection like I told to Orux in my first message.

@Orux
Indeed there is an api for geoportail (I'm really not an expert on api) but from what I've understand there is no public api. You have to use an api key which you can get for free after registration if you use it in an non commercial purpose. The limitation of the api is that the key is linked to an url and only this one can acces to the wms-c service if I right understand.
If you understand some french you can have a look here:

And finally somewhere in the website they write aboute licence of use :

Licence d’exploitation pour applications grand public

Si vous souhaitez exploiter les données du Géoportail au sein d'applications n'entrant pas dans le cadre de la licence d'utilisation (applications grand public pour téléphone mobile, tablette, console, ordinateur portable ou fixe), veuillez nous contacter.

Fast translation:
Licence for public application
If you want to use the geoportail datas in an application out of scope of the previous licence terms like public application on mobile phone,.... please contact us at contact.api@ign.fr

Jean

Jean

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 am

I can't put url link in my messages ???

Jean

Back to top Go down

Post  asperge Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 am

Orux, Jean:

Thanks for yours answers!

asperge

Cantidad de envíos : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  jean Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

Asperge,

For the soft i told you, it's Mapmaker from xander. Google Mapmaker and xander and you will find it.

jean

Back to top Go down

Post  jean Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 am

Hi orux,

Some news about the projection I told you? Do you think you will integrate it into oruxmapsdesktop ?
If you don't have time, can I do it by myself?
Anyway the last version of oruxmaps is really good, thanks.

Jean

jean

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu May 27, 2010 2:03 pm

jean wrote:Hi orux,

Some news about the projection I told you? Do you think you will integrate it into oruxmapsdesktop ?
If you don't have time, can I do it by myself?
Anyway the last version of oruxmaps is really good, thanks.

Jean

Hi, Jean;

Working this week with oruxmapsdesktop.

Could you contact with me in order to do some test? -->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  jean Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Ok.
What do you need? A calibrated map for testing (large or small)?
Let me know.

Jean

jean

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu May 27, 2010 8:18 pm

jean wrote:Ok.
What do you need? A calibrated map for testing (large or small)?
Let me know.

Jean

An small calibrated map will be enough.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi,

Do you succeed with my files ?

Jean

Jean

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Jean wrote:Hi,

Do you succeed with my files ?

Jean

Hi, Jean,

In a couple of days I hope to have a test version. I will send it to you when ready,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  gray Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:43 pm

any news on this please? like others i would find this very useful. In the meantime I have tried using orux maps desktop with the equirectangular projection and standard parallel at 46.5 but got error in calibration file. Am I doing something stupid?

gray

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:02 pm

gray wrote:any news on this please? like others i would find this very useful. In the meantime I have tried using orux maps desktop with the equirectangular projection and standard parallel at 46.5 but got error in calibration file. Am I doing something stupid?

HI, gray;

It was working fine, please send me your map ---> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  gray Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Orux, I have sent you the image file and reference coordinates. Gray

gray

Back to top Go down

Post  Florent Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi Same error in Oruxmapsdesktop, when i select equirectangural i have always the same message : an error occured while generating calibration file, even with a zero parameters
Thanks a lot in advance

Florent

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Florent wrote:Hi Same error in Oruxmapsdesktop, when i select equirectangural i have always the same message : an error occured while generating calibration file, even with a zero parameters
Thanks a lot in advance

Hi, Florent;

Updated OruxMapsDesktop to 1.5.5. This version should work fine with this projection,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  jbaptis Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:59 am

Hi,

Where is the 1.5.5 version ?

The last available is not the 1.5.5.

Thanks

jbaptis

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:29 pm

jbaptis wrote:Hi,

Where is the 1.5.5 version ?

The last available is not the 1.5.5.

Thanks

sorry; the link is wrong, but if you see 'help' in current OruxMapsDesktop, you should see 1.5.5 version

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

New projection for french online maps (www.geoportail.fr) Empty There is now a new tool to download the 1 : 25 000 maps of Geoportail (France)

Post  jbarner Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 am

There is now a new tool to download the 1 : 25 000 maps of Geoportail (France)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/topo-map/

James

jbarner

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Bzh972 Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi, and first of all, thanks a lot for the great work! Oruxmaps is really efficient and user friendly.

I live in French West Indies (Martinique) and tried to use maps imported from geoportail. For martinique, geoportail uses "Réseau de référence des antilles françaises 1991" as coordinate system.
I googled it but found nothing on how to convert it in one of the systems proposed in oruxmapdesktop. Nor the projection.

When I use equirectangular projection, it works very accurately on some of my tiles and not at all on some others.

So what I would like to do is to perform a calibration of my maps using the coordinates given by my gps in oruxmaps. But I don't know then which system and projection to use.

Could you please tell me what are the system and projection use within oruxmap?

Once again thanks a lot for your great work!

By the way, is there a way to turn the displayed map according to the direction of the movement in order to always have what we've got ahead of us displayed in the top of the screen? Moreover, is there a way to automatically zoom in when the speed goes down and to zoom out when the speed increases (which would represent the distance to display around the position, where this distance would be calculated using the actual speed of the movement and for example a parameter in seconds or minutes to enter in the option menu).

Bzh972

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next