OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about getting response on suggestions?

4 posters

Go down

How about getting response on suggestions? Empty How about getting response on suggestions?

Post  pedja Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 am

There are lots of ideas, suggestions and even bug reports that are left with no response from developers.
That should not happen. Any kind of response is better than ignoring.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

How about getting response on suggestions? Empty Re: How about getting response on suggestions?

Post  Icarus Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 am

OruxMaps is an amazing piece of free software. Orux can be rightly proud of developing the most capable mapping solution available on Android.

The only `problem` with free software is that you don`t have any recourse to demand support. After following this forum for awhile, it is apparent that there is a massive user base that is beyond the scope of one solo developer to support. This is causing frustration for a number of users.

A suggestion - charge for it and use the funds to employ support staff. I would be very happy to pay anything around $50USD for this software considering it`s capabilities.

Thoughts?

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

How about getting response on suggestions? Empty Re: How about getting response on suggestions?

Post  zmart Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 am

fully agree, pedja!
some bugs and suggestions were fully ignored ;-(

zmart

Cantidad de envíos : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 am

I did not demand support. I just said how I see this custom of ignoring people.

I to run several free projects, and I do understand how things work. But, yet, I try to do my best to at least respond to messages.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

pedja wrote:I did not demand support. I just said how I see this custom of ignoring people.

I to run several free projects, and I do understand how things work. But, yet, I try to do my best to at least respond to messages.

Hi;

I try to do my best, but now I have other problems to deal with. Hope to be back soon more often.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down