OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions For Improvements

2 posters

Go down

Suggestions For Improvements Empty Suggestions For Improvements

Post  mlcmartin Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:43 pm

First of all I have to say that I really love your app. It's very nice! :-)

You already have good support within the app for rendering multiple tracks at the same gpx file - which is good. However what would be really useful is to have the ability to merge several recorded tracks together into one gpx file directly within the app. Also I would like to be able to record a separate track into the same gpx file so that all tracks are gathered together with different dates and timestamps. It's simply very convenient to have multiple tracks in the same file and GPSVisualizer supports that feature as well.

Also, I would like to be able to load waypoints from gpx files as "layers". For example, I've got a gpx file with 2000+ waypoints and a few other smaller files which I want to load at the same time. I would then like to have different waypoints from different files displayed with different colors so that they are distinguishable. You can easily implement this by having a "waypoints" folder with gpx files, a list with checkboxes where the user ticks the files he wants to display on the map and the ability to set colors for waypoints from each individual file.

Any ideas when these simple additions can be made?

mlcmartin

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Suggestions For Improvements Empty Re: Suggestions For Improvements

Post  orux Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:36 pm

mlcmartin wrote:First of all I have to say that I really love your app. It's very nice! :-)

You already have good support within the app for rendering multiple tracks at the same gpx file - which is good. However what would be really useful is to have the ability to merge several recorded tracks together into one gpx file directly within the app. Also I would like to be able to record a separate track into the same gpx file so that all tracks are gathered together with different dates and timestamps. It's simply very convenient to have multiple tracks in the same file and GPSVisualizer supports that feature as well.

Also, I would like to be able to load waypoints from gpx files as "layers". For example, I've got a gpx file with 2000+ waypoints and a few other smaller files which I want to load at the same time. I would then like to have different waypoints from different files displayed with different colors so that they are distinguishable. You can easily implement this by having a "waypoints" folder with gpx files, a list with checkboxes where the user ticks the files he wants to display on the map and the ability to set colors for waypoints from each individual file.

Any ideas when these simple additions can be made?

Hi, thanks;

1º suggestion will be ready soon. In next to next version.

2º not sure, but I think I am going to work improving routing/tracking features in next to next version.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down