OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More improvements towards MapMyTracks

2 posters

Go down

More improvements towards MapMyTracks Empty More improvements towards MapMyTracks

Post  Natureshadow Tue May 04, 2010 9:00 am

Hi,

I just saw a video of Outfront (MapMyTracks App) on the iPhone - and, to cut this short, it is amazing!

So are there any plans on providing similar functionality in OruxMaps for Android (i.e. setting names for live tracks, joining events, and all the other stuff)?

Cheers,
Nik

Natureshadow

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

More improvements towards MapMyTracks Empty Re: More improvements towards MapMyTracks

Post  orux Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Natureshadow wrote:Hi,

I just saw a video of Outfront (MapMyTracks App) on the iPhone - and, to cut this short, it is amazing!

So are there any plans on providing similar functionality in OruxMaps for Android (i.e. setting names for live tracks, joining events, and all the other stuff)?

Cheers,
Nik

Hi, Nik;

I'm using most of the APIs that they publish. I will study if they have new functionality.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

More improvements towards MapMyTracks Empty Re: More improvements towards MapMyTracks

Post  Dor Sun May 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi,

You wrote, that you're using most of their API. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've created an account on MapMyTracks. Entered my account details to Settings. Started to record a track. And went running.

I haven't seen any new activity on MapMyTrack web page. Do I have to create it somehow on in OruxMaps? (I've checked their API, there is such option)

What if I have "Delay for sending track data" set to 5 min, but I lost connection for 30 min? After gaining internet connection again will it send all the data from last 30min? (there is such option in API).

By the way: great android app. I wanted to write something similar myself, but after I saw complexity of this one, I need to find another topic ;]

Dor

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Dor wrote:Hi,

You wrote, that you're using most of their API. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've created an account on MapMyTracks. Entered my account details to Settings. Started to record a track. And went running.

Hi, I suppose you started 'Live tracking' in menu--options after start recording the track.

No error message?

Dor wrote:I haven't seen any new activity on MapMyTrack web page. Do I have to create it somehow on in OruxMaps? (I've checked their API, there is such option)

What if I have "Delay for sending track data" set to 5 min, but I lost connection for 30 min? After gaining internet connection again will it send all the data from last 30min? (there is such option in API).

Will send all the data next time with connection enabled.

Dor wrote:
By the way: great android app. I wanted to write something similar myself, but after I saw complexity of this one, I need to find another topic ;]

Thanks,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Dor Sun May 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

Hi, I suppose you started 'Live tracking' in menu--options after start recording the track.

I haven't started 'Live tracking' ;]
Now in manual I found that it should be like you said in menu--options
But I only have: "Map orientation", "Enable Autorotation", "Autoload maps", "Zoom autoload", "Maps at current position", "Night mode" and "Calculate Area" there.
Android market says, that I downloaded version 2.6.1 of Oruxmaps. I haven't seen any error message at all.

Dor

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun May 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Dor wrote:Thanks for quick reply.

I haven't started 'Live tracking' ;]
Now in manual I found that it should be like you said in menu--options
But I only have: "Map orientation", "Enable Autorotation", "Autoload maps", "Zoom autoload", "Maps at current position", "Night mode" and "Calculate Area" there.
Android market says, that I downloaded version 2.6.1 of Oruxmaps. I haven't seen any error message at all.

Hi,

'Live tracking' option only appears when you are in track logging mode (saving a track).

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Dor Sun May 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Thank you, it works now Smile

Dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturesh Fri May 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Jeez, their API is a bit crappy. You could still send an activity name, but events, etc. are not exported througj the api .....

Naturesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down