OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filter out online maps that one doesn't use

5 posters

Go down

Filter out online maps that one doesn't use Empty Filter out online maps that one doesn't use

Post  febs Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Hello,

I think that it would be great if the user could check the list of the WMS they would see to view in the list among all of the available.
Here's why: if one does not live in the US and it is unlikely for her to get there, and to get to norway too, it is pretty useless and boring to scroll down all the chartbundle maps and others before getting to the needed ones.

Probably, each user gets his/her maps among up to the same sources, which are probably not as much as all the supported and built-in ones.

So it would be cool to have the option to go the the settings and "check" the maps one wants too see in the list, leaving the others out (and still available for future uses).

Thanks.

BTW; Orux, have you seen that the donate app is working wonders? Smile

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Filter out online maps that one doesn't use Empty Re: Filter out online maps that one doesn't use

Post  orux Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:34 pm

febs wrote:Hello,

I think that it would be great if the user could check the list of the WMS they would see to view in the list among all of the available.
Here's why: if one does not live in the US and it is unlikely for her to get there, and to get to norway too, it is pretty useless and boring to scroll down all the chartbundle maps and others before getting to the needed ones.

Probably, each user gets his/her maps among up to the same sources, which are probably not as much as all the supported and built-in ones.

So it would be cool to have the option to go the the settings and "check" the maps one wants too see in the list, leaving the others out (and still available for future uses).

Thanks.

BTW; Orux, have you seen that the donate app is working wonders? Smile

Hi, febs;

You can modify the onlinemapsources.xml and wms_services.xml and comment the maps you do not want to see in the list.

Yes, it seems that donate version is working fine Wink

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Filter out online maps that one doesn't use Empty Re: Filter out online maps that one doesn't use

Post  febs Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:23 am

orux wrote:
You can modify the onlinemapsources.xml and wms_services.xml and comment the maps you do not want to see in the list.

Yeah, but I am talking about making improvements in usability. By allowing people to do that FROM THE UI.
And, it would be great to have the chance to DELETE offline maps from the UI rather than needing to plug a cable, enable data transfer, remove the folder, unmount, unplug the cable, done. My humble opinion.

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  kiowa Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 pm

febs wrote:
orux wrote:

Yeah, but I am talking about making improvements in usability. By allowing people to do that FROM THE UI.
And, it would be great to have the chance to DELETE offline maps from the UI rather than needing to plug a cable, enable data transfer, remove the folder, unmount, unplug the cable, done. My humble opinion.

+1
Requested some months ago. Any news about a UI?

kiowa

Cantidad de envíos : 18

Back to top Go down

Filter out online maps that one doesn't use Empty +1

Post  shingimel Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 pm

on that

shingimel

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 am

I second this too. It would be helpful for offline maps too. I have number of custom offline maps, and I do not need them all all the time and it would really help if I can hide or show some of them from list at will, using UI.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down