OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with saved maps

2 posters

Go down

Problem with saved maps Empty Problem with saved maps

Post  teddyearp Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 am

Hi. I hope I post in the right place. I have a Motorola Droid and used Oruxmaps 1.8.0. I followed the driections/manual to create with TrekBuddy maps for the area I wanted. I followed all the instructions and was able to get the maps to 'read' with Orux once, but while I was zooming in, at one point the map jumped to another area. So I tried using different zoom levels, deleted the maps from my sd card and tried again, but now I can't get Orux to see the maps no matter how many times I have it update the database, restart Orux and/or restart the phone and go through all of that.

I've done this so many times, I don't know if I could provide a very good idea of everything I've tried. I've even uninstalled Orux, deleted the directory from my sd card and started over, but still no more luck.

Any other ideas?

thanx.

teddyearp

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

Problem with saved maps Empty Re: Problem with saved maps

Post  orux Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:52 am

teddyearp wrote:Hi. I hope I post in the right place. I have a Motorola Droid and used Oruxmaps 1.8.0. I followed the driections/manual to create with TrekBuddy maps for the area I wanted. I followed all the instructions and was able to get the maps to 'read' with Orux once, but while I was zooming in, at one point the map jumped to another area. So I tried using different zoom levels, deleted the maps from my sd card and tried again, but now I can't get Orux to see the maps no matter how many times I have it update the database, restart Orux and/or restart the phone and go through all of that.

I've done this so many times, I don't know if I could provide a very good idea of everything I've tried. I've even uninstalled Orux, deleted the directory from my sd card and started over, but still no more luck.

Any other ideas?

thanx.

Hi, teddyearp;

It is a strange; perhaps your second problem is that you do not 'clear' previous selections in Trekbuddy AC:

Problem with saved maps Erroruo

See the last version of tuto: http://oruxmaps.x10hosting.com/oruxmapsdesktop_quick.pdf

Did you try world map from web site?: http://oruxmaps.x10hosting.com/world.zip

Yerterday I upload OruxMaps 1.8.5, and the last version of TAC: http://oruxmaps.x10hosting.com/TrekBuddy_Atlas_Creator_1.6.1OruxMaps.zip

Are you using this last versions?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  teddyearp Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Yes, I am using the latest version of both orux and trekbuddy. I also clear all the selections before I create any new atlas with trekbuddy. I just wish I would have left it alone when it sort of worked. I am going to try another atlas tonight, maybe with more zoom levels?, I don't know. Then I will copy to sd card, then update map db, then see if I can open the map. Then I will look at the .xml files and maybe post those so we can see what the deal is.

thanks,

teddyearp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:26 pm

teddyearp wrote:Yes, I am using the latest version of both orux and trekbuddy. I also clear all the selections before I create any new atlas with trekbuddy. I just wish I would have left it alone when it sort of worked. I am going to try another atlas tonight, maybe with more zoom levels?, I don't know. Then I will copy to sd card, then update map db, then see if I can open the map. Then I will look at the .xml files and maybe post those so we can see what the deal is.

thanks,

Try first world map (see my first answer), it is a small map that should work fine.

If it works fine for you, then try creating a small map with few layers.

If the map does not work, please send me the map--->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  teddyearp Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:20 am

Well, the world map does work! Thanks, this is a start. I notice that it is only for zoom levels 2, 3, and 4. I would like a little more detail in the atlas I create. Before I go ahead and try again to make my own atlas, you suggest a small one. What do you suggest? maybe just one zoom level, like 15 or 16? Maybe I could try three, 15, 16, and 17?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

teddyearp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:45 am

teddyearp wrote:Well, does work! Thanks, this is a start. I notice that it is only for zoom levels 2, 3, and 4. I would like a little more detail in I create. Before I go ahead and try again to make my own atlas, you suggest a small one. What do you suggest? maybe just one zoom level, like 15 or 16? Maybe I could try three, 15, 16, and 17?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Like this; it is for test, 3 layers, no more than 100 tiles (in order you can test it and send me by email if it does not work).

Problem with saved maps Pantallazotrekbuddyatla

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  teddyearp Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 am

OK, I took your advice and created an atlas with the zoom levels you suggested, 10, 11, and 12 (which came up with a little over 100 tiles). That worked. So, since I wanted much more detail, I created an atlas with zoom levels 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 which of course resulted in many, many more tiles and it did not work. Should I try just maybe the more detailed levels? Like 15, 16, and 17? That will still result in many more than 100 tiles.

I REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help here with this, I feel it's really close to working and I really like your program, so I will await your further suggestions (well, I might try my idea above tonite while waiting for your response, but). In the meantime I am compressing the non-working tile set into a .rar file and will convert it to a self-extracting (.exe) file if you say it's ok to email it to you.

Thanks again.

teddyearp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 pm

teddyearp wrote:OK, I took your advice and created an atlas with the zoom levels you suggested, 10, 11, and 12 (which came up with a little over 100 tiles). That worked. So, since I wanted much more detail, I created an atlas with zoom levels 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 which of course resulted in many, many more tiles and it did not work. Should I try just maybe the more detailed levels? Like 15, 16, and 17? That will still result in many more than 100 tiles.

I REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help here with this, I feel it's really close to working and I really like your program, so I will await your further suggestions (well, I might try my idea above tonite while waiting for your response, but). In the meantime I am compressing the non-working tile set into a .rar file and will convert it to a self-extracting (.exe) file if you say it's ok to email it to you.

Thanks again.

Hi, we are near, sure Smile

I'd rather than you upload the map to rapidshare or similar, and send me the link. If the map is very very big, perhaps it can not be sent by email.

Meanwhile you can test more levels, increasing the area to download.

two examples:

Problem with saved maps Pantallazotrekbuddyatlau

another:

Problem with saved maps Pantallazotrekbuddyatla

They work fine for me;

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  teddyearp Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm

I tried the different zoom levels, but still no luck. I even just tried 15, 16 and 17, but no. I am tring to put a map of part of the national forest south of me in one atlas-there's no cell service there, but I think I might have to break it up into smaller pieces. And the atlas I have for you to look at if you want is huge, over 2gigs. I couldn't get it to rapidshare, so I put it on my server if you want to look at it:

http://ted.servepics.com/files/randle_south.exe

So, in the meantime I will try breaking the area up a bit since I think orux will automatically go to the different atlases?

Thanks again.

teddyearp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

teddyearp wrote:I tried the different zoom levels, but still no luck. I even just tried 15, 16 and 17, but no. I am tring to put a map of part of the national forest south of me in one atlas-there's no cell service there, but I think I might have to break it up into smaller pieces. And the atlas I have for you to look at if you want is huge, over 2gigs. I couldn't get it to rapidshare, so I put it on my server if you want to look at it:

http://ted.servepics.com/files/randle_south.exe

So, in the meantime I will try breaking the area up a bit since I think orux will automatically go to the different atlases?

Thanks again.

Really a large map!!

The download is too slow; try a small map, no larger than 100mb.

Break the area in small pieces, because OruxMaps will load automatically next map, if neccesary.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  teddyearp Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:49 am

OK, I guess I'm pretty much there now, thanks for your advice. I was able to get levels 11, 12, 13, 14, and 16 in about nine different atlases. Here is what I did: -> Well, I don't speak Spanish well enough to upload my screenshot, but anyway I set the 'Grid Zoom' to '10', then selected a grid and d/l the levels I mentioned above.

In some cases, I would have liked to get level 17, but it split that level into other sublevels, so when I would zoom into level 17 within Orux, it would just present me with a very small map. Should I again have to make smaller selections to get level 17 without it being split into more subdirectories? If you want to look at that atlas, it's on my server, yeah I know it's slow, but this one is only 300mb:

http://ted.servepics.com/files/gifford1.exe

And if that still loads too slow, here's the screenshot I tried to post:

http://ted.servepics.com/files/Untitled-1.jpg

Th pic should load fast enough.

Thanks again!

teddyearp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

Finally, a solution!!!

I have created the same map that you tried to download (looking at your picture), and now I have found where is the problem. Tb atlas creator has a size limit for maps, 32.767x32.767 pixels. From there, it splits the layer into smaller atlas maps, adding a code to the end of the name of the map which OruxMaps can not read.

This is not correct:
Problem with saved maps Pantallazo3csierranaveg

To solve this, we must raise the limit in tb atlas creator settings to the max. thus creating a single map by layer:

Problem with saved maps Pantallazosettings1

IMPORTANT: I have checked this solution in my ubuntu, and works fine, as you can see in otrk2 file of the more detailed layer (height & width > 32.726).
<MapChunks xMax="80" yMax="80" datum="WGS84" projection="Mercator" img_height="512" img_width="512" file_name="3cSierra 16" />
<MapDimensions height="40960" width="40960" />

Later I will test it in Windows.

IMPORTANT: you must restart Tb Atlas Creator after modify map size value in settings.

I'm sorry you had problems, teddyearp, but I did not know the problem, because not having ever tried to create so large maps.

Another thing, I think you can personalize forum language in your profile.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Works in windows too,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  teddyearp Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Well, total success! Thanks a bunch! I would have posted sooner but wanted to do a little more and then my internet was down.

Anyways, yes it works in Windows, too. And not only that, I thought I would push my luck and create just three maps for the area I wanted instead of nine:

http://ted.servepics.com/files/Untitled-2.jpg

It all works just great! Now I've got to figure out how to give your app more than five stars in the market. . . .

teddyearp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm

teddyearp wrote:Well, total success! Thanks a bunch! I would have posted sooner but wanted to do a little more and then my internet was down.

Anyways, yes it works in Windows, too. And not only that, I thought I would push my luck and create just three maps for the area I wanted instead of nine:

http://ted.servepics.com/files/Untitled-2.jpg

It all works just great! Now I've got to figure out how to give your app more than five stars in the market. . . .

I am happy to have solved this problem!

I hope that the application works well now; awaiting 6 stars Wink

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down