OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem

3 posters

Go down

5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem Empty 5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem

Post  picko Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Have to say what a fantastic piece of work OruxMaps is - by far the best mapping/tracking app out there and even better that it's free! Shame that the likes of Garmin can't produce or support software half as good as this. A beer is on it's way via PayPal.

There seems to be an issue opening KML files as overlays when they're exported directly from Google Maps. When I put the KML file for a set of POIs I've exported from Google Maps into the overlay folder and try to load it, I get the message 'error loading file'. When I open the same KML file in Google Earth and then re-save it immediately from there as a KML it opens fine in Orux (it's also a smaller file - 22kB compared to 31kB). I also tried saving it from Google Earth as a KMZ file (5kB) and this also loads fine.

Not sure if the issue is with Orux or Google Maps but wanted to post this in case people are having difficulties getting things to work.

picko

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem Empty Re: 5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem

Post  orux Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm

picko wrote:Have to say what a fantastic piece of work OruxMaps is - by far the best mapping/tracking app out there and even better that it's free! Shame that the likes of Garmin can't produce or support software half as good as this. A beer is on it's way via PayPal.

There seems to be an issue opening KML files as overlays when they're exported directly from Google Maps. When I put the KML file for a set of POIs I've exported from Google Maps into the overlay folder and try to load it, I get the message 'error loading file'. When I open the same KML file in Google Earth and then re-save it immediately from there as a KML it opens fine in Orux (it's also a smaller file - 22kB compared to 31kB). I also tried saving it from Google Earth as a KMZ file (5kB) and this also loads fine.

Not sure if the issue is with Orux or Google Maps but wanted to post this in case people are having difficulties getting things to work.

Hi,

thanks;

try with last market version (5.2.0) uploaded today.

there was a bug in 5.0.4.

if you have problems with 5.20, please, send me the kml -->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem Empty Re: 5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem

Post  picko Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Works great in 5.2.0 - thanks!

picko

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

5.0.4 Google Maps KML overlay problem Empty Problem with klm files

Post  djubert Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

With V5.2.1 I experience the problem, kml file generates by google maps abort due to incorrect file.
If the same kml file is loaded into google earth then save in kmz format, it load correctly in Oruxmap.

Thanks for this very good program

djubert

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:00 pm

djubert wrote:With V5.2.1 I experience the problem, kml file generates by google maps abort due to incorrect file.
If the same kml file is loaded into google earth then save in kmz format, it load correctly in Oruxmap.

Thanks for this very good program

Hi;

I need examples-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down