OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  pknapp Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

hello,

i use oruxmaps (version 3.4.2.) with the option automaticly produce gpx files. This works very well on my Android smartphone (Defy). But, if i want to open the *.gpx file with google Earth, maps, gpsies, ore GPS-Track-Analyse.NET on my desktop it doesnt work :-(
What can i do?

Thanks
Peter

pknapp

Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  orux Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm

pknapp wrote:hello,

i use oruxmaps (version 3.4.2.) with the option automaticly produce gpx files. This works very well on my Android smartphone (Defy). But, if i want to open the *.gpx file with google Earth, maps, gpsies, ore GPS-Track-Analyse.NET on my desktop it doesnt work :-(
What can i do?

Thanks
Peter

Hi, Peter;

Update to 3.4.3.

Or test with new betas --> http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

gpx files doesnt work with other programms Empty Re: gpx files doesnt work with other programms

Post  pknapp Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi orux,

thanks. Now runs oruxmaps 3.5.28 and i can export and view the gpx files in Google earth etc. But now i have an other problem with tracks i had downloaded an copied to my sdcard.´Now (after update), oruxmaps did not find the new tracks?

Any Idea?

Thanks
Peter

pknapp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:25 pm

pknapp wrote:Hi orux,

thanks. Now runs oruxmaps 3.5.28 and i can export and view the gpx files in Google earth etc. But now i have an other problem with tracks i had downloaded an copied to my sdcard.´Now (after update), oruxmaps did not find the new tracks?

Any Idea?

Thanks
Peter

Where do you have your old tracks? Check the directory in settings.

Are you talking about gpx files or the OruxMaps tracks data base. Remember that in 3.5.xx the tracks database is, yes or yes, in the /oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  pknapp Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi orux,

im talking about gpx files i´ve downloaded from gpsies. I´ve testet with 3 tracks - no function :-). If i record a track with orus, i can find it (Manage)! Now i,ve deleted all old tracks and codpied 5 in the /oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory. Now, i can´t find any track?

Thanks a lot for you support
Peter

pknapp

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

pknapp wrote:Hi orux,

im talking about gpx files i´ve downloaded from gpsies. I´ve testet with 3 tracks - no function :-). If i record a track with orus, i can find it (Manage)! Now i,ve deleted all old tracks and codpied 5 in the /oruxmaps/tracklogs/ directory. Now, i can´t find any track?

Thanks a lot for you support
Peter

Hi, Peter;

After copying the files in /tracklogs directory, if you want to display those gpx you can:

a) load directly to the map viewer--> 'route' button (3.5.xx versions), then 'load file' or
b) import to OruxMaps database--> 'route' or 'track' button, 'manage', then menu, 'import track'

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  pknapp Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 pm

it works, thanks a lot!!
Paypal send you 3.- € in a few Minutes

Peter

pknapp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down