OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to delete offline maps

3 posters

Go down

How to delete offline maps Empty How to delete offline maps

Post  gekko Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:28 am

Hi, I'm rather embarrased to ask this as it must be very basic, but I've searched this forum without finding the answer.

I have created an offline map based on an online map. The offline map works fine, but now I want to delete it. I find no menu in the interface to delete offline maps. I have tried deleting the map using a file explorer, but the map is still in the list of offline maps in OruxMaps.

Any help in removing the offline map completely?

gekko

Back to top Go down

How to delete offline maps Empty Re: How to delete offline maps

Post  Psycogeek Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:09 pm

if you used a file browser to delete the map you would still need to "update the database".
this can be done in the main screen, or if your using a newer version in the "map" screen.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  febs Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:27 pm

I stumbled across this post while searching infos about how to delete offline maps from Oruxmaps. I couldn't find any menu, option, or button to do that "politely" too. Maybe that's a missing feature?

Thanks so much!

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  BpACKer Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:45 pm

You still have to use a file browser. If you don't have one, OruxMaps uses OI File Browser to import gpx/kml files, so get that one.

From within OruxMaps, there's an indirect way to do it. Go to waypoints or tracks listing, then choose Menu --> Import. This puts you into OI File Manager. At the top click the button "oruxmaps" then choose the mapfiles directory. This should be where you placed your offline maps. Long click on the map folder and choose delete.
BpACKer
BpACKer

Cantidad de envíos : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down