OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using tiff and twf

2 posters

Go down

Using tiff and twf  Empty Using tiff and twf

Post  bluezetc Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:48 am

I have a large series of map files as tiff images with associated twf files.

So far, I haven't managed to convert these using OruxMapsDesktop. If I enter the twf as the calibration file I get a message saying 'image file not found'. I then enter the image file (same location same filename (but .tiff). I add the map datum and projection, filename and destination and hit 'create map'. I get the error message '.....needs two coordinates at least'. Seems like it's not using the twf file.

I had been using Fugawi on PC and PDA and it imported all of these files directly. I have them all as Fugawi export files but I presume that is a proprietary format that isn't going to be read by anything else.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with Java and didn't really understand the instructions about Java add ons required for using tiff files. Am I maybe missing something here?

bluezetc

bluezetc

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Using tiff and twf  Empty Re: Using tiff and twf

Post  orux Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm

bluezetc wrote:I have a large series of map files as tiff images with associated twf files.

So far, I haven't managed to convert these using OruxMapsDesktop. If I enter the twf as the calibration file I get a message saying 'image file not found'. I then enter the image file (same location same filename (but .tiff). I add the map datum and projection, filename and destination and hit 'create map'. I get the error message '.....needs two coordinates at least'. Seems like it's not using the twf file.

I had been using Fugawi on PC and PDA and it imported all of these files directly. I have them all as Fugawi export files but I presume that is a proprietary format that isn't going to be read by anything else.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with Java and didn't really understand the instructions about Java add ons required for using tiff files. Am I maybe missing something here?

bluezetc

Hi,

If you do not install jai-imageio, you can not work with tiff images.

But you can convert .tiff images to png with a lot of tools, gimp, perhaps windows paint,....

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  bluezetc Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi, thanks

Sorry to be stupid, but I don't understand how to install jai-imageo. When I go to the referenced website there are four different file bundles referenced for Windows (i am using Windows 7).

Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere on how to install?

bluezetc

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:02 pm

bluezetc wrote:Hi, thanks

Sorry to be stupid, but I don't understand how to install jai-imageo. When I go to the referenced website there are four different file bundles referenced for Windows (i am using Windows 7).

Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere on how to install?

Hi, bluezetc;

You have to instal jre version:

http://download.java.net/media/jai-imageio/builds/release/1.1/jai_imageio-1_1-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe

Please, try with this version.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down