OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery

2 posters

Go down

OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery Empty OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery

Post  Invitado Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:52 am

Hello,

first I would say that I really like this application which is really nice to use !

One small things is the battery usage. I understand that bettery level goes down quickly when I use it or when I made a Track. GPS has to stay alive on these cases...

But apparently when I exit the application, something stay alive which is using GPS. When I open the "Information/Battery Usage" page, it show me that most of the battery usage (> 70%) is due to "OruxMaps", when I only use it 1/2 hour during 5 last hours. Also the "GPS icon" is periodically blinking.

If I "kill" the OruxMaps task, then battery times increase on other usages (GSM, Wifi, etc...). As expected.

Why is OruxMaps still alive when we exit ? What is the clean way to exit (not kill task) ?

I use an HTC Desire with Android 2.1

Invitado

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery Empty Re: OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery

Post  orux Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Invitado wrote:Hello,

first I would say that I really like this application which is really nice to use !

One small things is the battery usage. I understand that bettery level goes down quickly when I use it or when I made a Track. GPS has to stay alive on these cases...

But apparently when I exit the application, something stay alive which is using GPS. When I open the "Information/Battery Usage" page, it show me that most of the battery usage (> 70%) is due to "OruxMaps", when I only use it 1/2 hour during 5 last hours. Also the "GPS icon" is periodically blinking.

If I "kill" the OruxMaps task, then battery times increase on other usages (GSM, Wifi, etc...). As expected.

Why is OruxMaps still alive when we exit ? What is the clean way to exit (not kill task) ?

Hi;

If you are not recording a track, and you leave OruxMaps, then the application releases the gps.

The gps icon should not blink after you stop recording a track with OruxMaps.

Does this happen always?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery Empty Re: OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery

Post  volker Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Invitado wrote:Hello,

I also have a HTC Desire with Android 2.1. Only once the battery get exhausted - totally. This was because I enabled "keep monitor activ in tracklog" and oruxmap was in tracklog mode ... .

Normally when finishing oruxmaps I do it in one of two ways:
1) hit the home-button: oruxmaps stays active in background, also the GPS-icon of the HTC disappears. Or
2) on the oruxmaps startpage hit the android-menue button. Then touch "exit"

Best regards, Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

OruxMaps app alive on exit and quickly empty battery Empty Invidado

Post  Invidado Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:14 am

Hello,

I understand that when the Track Log is active, the GPS remains active and the battery is quicly empty. In fact on that mode, there's an icon on top that is indicating that oruxMap is still active and tracking.

About the way to exit, I was using the "home" button and sometimes the "return" button from the orux "start page". I confirm that on these two cases, oruxMap stay active in backgroung (visible in task killer app list) and on principle, the GPS is not "blinking" anymore.

... BUT sometimes, doing that, I still have the GPS that stay "blinking" (with track mode off of course) and if I kill manually just oruxMaps, the GPS blinking stops. So it really look like sometimes something in oruxMaps keep the GPS active, even if oruxMaps is on background.

Say that, the menu "exit" from orux startup page correctly "ends" the oruxMaps application and that should be the only way to quit. I'll use only that now and I think that will prevent to keep GPS active when should not (and save my battery).

Invidado

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down