OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why

3 posters

Go down

select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why Empty select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why

Post  volker Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 am

Hi all,

you can add a waypoint to a map via "menue -> waypoints -> "Waypoint name" -> add to map".

Doing this will display the waypoint .... and OruxMaps also switches into the route-mode. Currently this is a little bit confusing to me and I do not understand why. Because the only thing I would expect is, that oruxmaps shows the waypoint in the map. But the route-mode also is fading in a new information bar with "route 66".

Hope you can clarify :-)

Volker

volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why Empty Re: select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why

Post  orux Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:32 pm

volker wrote:Hi all,

you can add a waypoint to a map via "menue -> waypoints -> "Waypoint name" -> add to map".

Doing this will display the waypoint .... and OruxMaps also switches into the route-mode. Currently this is a little bit confusing to me and I do not understand why. Because the only thing I would expect is, that oruxmaps shows the waypoint in the map. But the route-mode also is fading in a new information bar with "route 66".

Hope you can clarify :-)

Volker

Hi, volker;

If you have a route on the screen, all the wpts that you 'add to map' are added to the current route. But if you do not have any route on the screen, and you 'add a wpt to map', then OruxMaps creates an empty route with current date as name, for storing the wpts.

OruxMaps needs this route for wpt navigation,....

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why Empty Re: select a waypoint to a map starts route-mode - why

Post  volker Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 pm

yes, this is how oruxmaps behaves. Perhaps it does make sense to change the menue-item form "add to map" to "add to route" ? This could be easy.

If you receive more than my question with regard to this, you could put the topic "show wypt(s) on map" on your oruxmaps-roadmap :-)

Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  triskele81 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:55 pm

I came to these forums with exactly this question. I can create waypoints just fine without utilizing route mode, but once I add waypoints to the map route mode is. I want to be able to just have waypoints with no tracks/routes on my map. I don't need routing/tracks or navigation. All I need is something to keep track of waypoints. Am I using the wrong app for my purposes?

triskele81

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down