OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed

3 posters

Go down

British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed Empty British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed

Post  MapMan Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am

I have a number of scans of OS maps for which I'd like to create .map files so I can use OruxMapsDesktop to make into offline Orux maps.

I tried to follow djbog's tutorial on this forum but I think things have changed since June 2010 when he wrote it. The main problem is that the trial version of OziExplorer no longer allows you to change the datum and projection, so I have only been able to produce .map files for WGS84, which will be slightly inaccurate for OS maps.

I am not averse to hand-building the .map file myself. Indeed, I am the author of a Windows mapping application (MapMan) and I was thinking of adding a facility to that to create the .map files.

To do that, I really need an example .map file for an OS GB map. Does anyone have one they could post or send me?

MapMan

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed Empty Re: British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed

Post  orux Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:44 pm

MapMan wrote:I have a number of scans of OS maps for which I'd like to create .map files so I can use OruxMapsDesktop to make into offline Orux maps.

I tried to follow djbog's tutorial on this forum but I think things have changed since June 2010 when he wrote it. The main problem is that the trial version of OziExplorer no longer allows you to change the datum and projection, so I have only been able to produce .map files for WGS84, which will be slightly inaccurate for OS maps.

I am not averse to hand-building the .map file myself. Indeed, I am the author of a Windows mapping application (MapMan) and I was thinking of adding a facility to that to create the .map files.

To do that, I really need an example .map file for an OS GB map. Does anyone have one they could post or send me?
Hi,

I think that you can create maps for OruxMaps from OS maps using okmap

have you tried?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed Empty Re: British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed

Post  MapMan Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm

No, I've not tried because I've not heard of okmap before. I would still quite like an example Ordnance Survey .map file because I would like to make changes to my own software so it can produce .map files.

I shall, however, investigate okmap (I'm hoping it's free!)

MapMan

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

British Ordnance Survey Maps Help needed Empty OkMap download

Post  gp.saliola Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:12 am

Hi MapMan,

to download OkMap please use the original web site (http://www.okmap.org).

Gian Paolo Saliola
OkMap author

gp.saliola

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down