OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again?

4 posters

Go down

Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again? Empty Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again?

Post  Iansl Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,

I am a customer that paid for the Donate version of Orux Maps from the Play Store and unfortunately had to replace my mobile this week therefore losing version 5.5.3.

I understand there is a new version to download from this site but this does not have access to the UK OS Maps that I used to enjoy.

Is there any way of getting the 5.5.3 apk file or manually configuring the latest version to access UK OS Maps somehow?

Many thanks for the excellent application.

Ian

Iansl

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again? Empty Re: Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again?

Post  orux Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 am

Iansl wrote:Hi,

I am a customer that paid for the Donate version of Orux Maps from the Play Store and unfortunately had to replace my mobile this week therefore losing version 5.5.3.

I understand there is a new version to download from this site but this does not have access to the UK OS Maps that I used to enjoy.

Is there any way of getting the 5.5.3 apk file or manually configuring the latest version to access UK OS Maps somehow?

Many thanks for the excellent application.

Ian
Hi,

These maps are responsible for the suspension of oruxmaps in google play. no more access to them.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again? Empty Re: Any access to previous versions of the .APK file? or how to configure to get UK OS mapping again?

Post  Iansl Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:24 pm

I thought it was too good to be true to get free OS mapping. It was nice while it lasted anyway.

Iansl

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  drmrbrewer Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Yes this is a great shame.  This (access to UK OS mapping) was the main reason I was using OruxMaps(Donate). Without it, it loses a lot of its charm, and I would probably just stick with the stock tracking app that I use to track my cycle rides.

I thought that UK OS mapping was meant to be freely available anyway?  How come sites like this have access to 1:25k data (once you log in)?

drmrbrewer

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:03 pm

drmrbrewer wrote:Yes this is a great shame.  This (access to UK OS mapping) was the main reason I was using OruxMaps(Donate).  Without it, it loses a lot of its charm, and I would probably just stick with the stock tracking app that I use to track my cycle rides.

I thought that UK OS mapping was meant to be freely available anyway?  How come sites like this have access to 1:25k data (once you log in)?
Sorry, but it cannot be, unless I want to end up in jail Wink

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  drmrbrewer Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Just leave oruxmaps running on your device, then we can track you and come to get you out of jail Smile

drmrbrewer

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  chris-m Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 am

I have tried adding back the OS map details to the onlinemapsources.xml without success Crying or Very sad 

Is it possible for us oruxmap users to personally download offline versions of the maps (or the needed areas) from http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk and use them with OruxMaps?

chris-m

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 pm

chris-m wrote:I have tried adding back the OS map details to the onlinemapsources.xml without success Crying or Very sad 

Is it possible for us oruxmap users to personally download offline versions of the maps (or the needed areas) from http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk and use them with OruxMaps?
It is not possible to use those maps, they are blacklisted.

Check the copyright of the ordnancesurvey web site. If they allow you, then you can use OruxMapsDesktop to create an offline map if you have an image + a calibration file (or you know the coordinates of 3/4 points).

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down