OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with total ascent in stats.

2 posters

Go down

problem with total ascent in stats. Empty problem with total ascent in stats.

Post  xpc46 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Hello,
i'm xavier from france and i use oruxmaps very often (trail, running, cycling, walking....).
You've made a great program : thanks a lot !

I have noticed a difference in total ascents calculted : for example in the main stats, after a run, it gives a total of 402m (which is very far from reality). If i look at the sections, and cumulate myself each "alt. up" I get about 240m (which is most accurate total ascent calculated). On most of my tracks, there is a similar différence. I don't care calcultating those totals when i run (15 km means 15 additions !) But when i ride my mtb, i'm doing between 30 and 70 km... and then calculating the ascent is less easy.
Do you have any explanation / solution for this detail ?

best regards

xpc46

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

problem with total ascent in stats. Empty Re: problem with total ascent in stats.

Post  orux Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

xpc46 wrote:Hello,
i'm xavier from france and i use oruxmaps very often (trail, running, cycling, walking....).
You've made a great program : thanks a lot !

I have noticed a difference in total ascents calculted : for example in the main stats, after a run, it gives a total of 402m (which is very far from reality). If i look at the sections, and cumulate myself each "alt. up" I get about  240m (which is  most accurate total ascent calculated). On most of my tracks, there is a similar différence. I don't care calcultating those totals when i run (15 km means 15 additions !) But when i ride my mtb, i'm doing between 30 and 70 km... and then calculating the ascent is less easy.
Do you have any explanation / solution for this detail ?

best regards

Thanks;

There is no easy solution, as with the GPS altitude is not very accurate, although algorithms are used to correct the problem, is not easy.

Try using DEM files for altitude (OruxMaps replaces the altitude obtained by the GPS with the value read from the file).

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down