OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps?

2 posters

Go down

Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps? Empty Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps?

Post  Teemu Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi,
successfully loading a Garmin IMG-file to Oruxmaps (5.2.1) and it displays otherwise fine, but has one big problem: the maps is shown tilted, in some kind of Pseudo-3d.
I found some results with google discussing 2d / Pseudo-3d / new 3d -modes, but I cannot find any setting for selecting the 2d-mode.

Is it not possible to view in pure 2d with the new 5.2.1 version?
When selecting the real-3d -mode, I can change the viewing angle with two-finger slide, but also there I can raise it to a maximum of 45 degrees, i.e. not directly above, from zenith.

-Teemu

Teemu

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps? Empty Re: Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps?

Post  orux Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Teemu wrote:Hi,
successfully loading a Garmin IMG-file to Oruxmaps (5.2.1) and it displays otherwise fine, but has one big problem: the maps is shown tilted, in some kind of Pseudo-3d.
I found some results with google discussing 2d / Pseudo-3d / new 3d -modes, but I cannot find any setting for selecting the 2d-mode.

Is it not possible to view in pure 2d with the new 5.2.1 version?
When selecting the real-3d -mode, I can change the viewing angle with two-finger slide, but also there I can raise it to a maximum of 45 degrees, i.e. not directly above, from zenith.

-Teemu

Hi;

where do you live?

you see the garmin maps using 'garmin projection'. This projection is a very simple, but produces that view; the further north, the worse. Later I will include the ability to use another projection.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps? Empty Pseudo-3d with Garmin maps?

Post  Teemu Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:51 pm

orux wrote:
where do you live?

you see the garmin maps using 'garmin projection'. This projection is a very simple, but produces that view; the further north, the worse. Later I will include the ability to use another projection.

orux

Hi,
I live in Tampere, Finland - it's 61°30′N 023°46′E.

The National Land Survey of Finland opened their databases, so there are now free topographic maps available for the whole Finland, and these were converted into Garmin-format and put available for free at kartat.hylly.org. Obviously there's now a lot of interest in this material in Finland, and people are looking at Oruxmaps as being the only Android app to be able to show them, but unfortunately this projection issue is a big obstacle here for many people.

Teemu

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Teemu wrote:
orux wrote:
where do you live?

orux

Hi,
I live in Tampere, Finland - it's 61°30′N 023°46′E.

The National Land Survey of Finland opened their databases, so there are now free topographic maps available for the whole Finland, and these were converted into Garmin-format and put available for free at kartat.hylly.org. Obviously there's now a lot of interest in this material in Finland, and people are looking at Oruxmaps as being the only Android app to be able to show them, but unfortunately this projection issue is a big obstacle here for many people.

Hi;

try with last beta-->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Teemu Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:30 pm

orux wrote:

try with last beta-->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux

Thank you! It works perfectly now with Mercator projection.
I also seem to be able to zoom much farther out with the Garmin map now before it switches to the "World".

I will donate now and spread the word about OruxMaps. Smile

Teemu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down