OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to 'Switch map'

4 posters

Go down

Unable to 'Switch map' Empty Unable to 'Switch map'

Post  Profsasquatch Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks for such an awesome app!!

I have just update to the latest version and I am now unable to 'Switch maps'. I tried the following:

1. clearing the app cache
2. reset the online cache
3. uninstalling and re-installing the app and
4. uninstalling the app, deleting the Orux folder from the device and re-installing the app

but I am still unable to Switch maps.

Upon re-installing I have access to the default map, when I try switching to any other Online or Offline maps nothing changes. If I try 'Switch Map Here' I have an option to select the default offline 'World' map, but once I have selected this I am locked into the 'World' map and cannot switch to anything else.

My device is a HTC Desire Z / Vision / G2 running Cyanogenmod 10 (Android 4.0.4).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Profsasquatch

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Unable to 'Switch map' Empty Re: Unable to 'Switch map'

Post  orux Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 am

Profsasquatch wrote:Thanks for such an awesome app!!

I have just update to the latest version and I am now unable to 'Switch maps'. I tried the following:

1. clearing the app cache
2. reset the online cache
3. uninstalling and re-installing the app and
4. uninstalling the app, deleting the Orux folder from the device and re-installing the app

but I am still unable to Switch maps.

Upon re-installing I have access to the default map, when I try switching to any other Online or Offline maps nothing changes. If I try 'Switch Map Here' I have an option to select the default offline 'World' map, but once I have selected this I am locked into the 'World' map and cannot switch to anything else.

My device is a HTC Desire Z / Vision / G2 running Cyanogenmod 10 (Android 4.0.4).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Strange!

Please, rename oruxmaps/ folder, and install the previous version 4.8.64 from here-->www.oruxmaps.com

Does that version work fine?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Profsasquatch Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 pm

I thought it a bit strange too!!

I have done as you suggested and I am now able to switch between maps no problems. I have been using previous builds of version 5 for the last number of weeks and have had no trouble at all until this latest update. I am assuming the new red interface was introduced with version 5. The new interface is a great improvement!!

Are there any diagnostics that I can do to help you track down what may be causing this?

Profsasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Profsasquatch wrote:I thought it a bit strange too!!

I have done as you suggested and I am now able to switch between maps no problems. I have been using previous builds of version 5 for the last number of weeks and have had no trouble at all until this latest update. I am assuming the new red interface was introduced with version 5. The new interface is a great improvement!!

Are there any diagnostics that I can do to help you track down what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Ok, you can help;

1.-install aLogcat app;
2.-open OruxMaps 5.x
3.-immediately execute aLogcat, and send me the log. -->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Profsasquatch Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks!!! Massively impressed with the service!

Profsasquatch

Back to top Go down

Post  Profsasquatch Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am

I must say again, I am massively impressed with the service that Jose / Orux have supplied. Jose has worked throughout the weekend to track down what the issue was, thanks again for all your help!!

The issue is due to a setting that I had enabled in the 'Developer settings' within Cyanogenmod, called 'Don't keep activities'. This option 'destroys every activity as soon as the user leaves it'. As the map selector is now a separate activity within Orux 5.2.0 it was not able to run it correctly, hence I couldn't 'Switch maps'.

Thanks again!!

Profsasquatch

Back to top Go down

Unable to 'Switch map' Empty same issue ...

Post  sbod Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi folks,

first of all, thanks for this great maps software! I use oruxmaps since 3 years and im very impressed.

i get the same issue, without some activated developeroptions. I use ICS.

So actually i cant find a option or button to switch to the offline maps from mobac. The card menu doesnt offer any source selection, also the settings menu. Whats happend?

Greetings from bremen

sbod

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Unable to 'Switch map' Empty Solved ! Request for better naming ..

Post  sbod Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi folks,

problem solved. The mobac maps are working. The solution was to use the menu entry "new map here" or in german "neue Karte" or "neue Karte hier". This nameing makes a confusion for me about the desired function to choose the offline map
I mean this naming is misleading, because this means also the creation of a new map. So i would suggest the naming (german) "Karte laden" - "load map", because this is more logical and means clear the function.
I also clean the oruxmap app data : settings > apps.

Cheers

Steffen

sbod

Back to top Go down

Post  yann1408 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:38 am

Hello,

Thanks you for this great software. I have a problem with the last update OruxMaps v5.2.0.
It's unable to switch map with the menu entry "Switch map". Accordingly, it is impossible to use a online maps.
For the offline maps, the menu entry "switch map here" works.

My second problem, it's the menu entry "load file" (for .gpx import). The track doesn't displayed.

Thanks
(I use a galaxy S2 with 4.0.3 Android)

yann1408

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm

yann1408 wrote:Hello,

Thanks you for this great software. I have a problem with the last update OruxMaps v5.2.0.
It's unable to switch map with the menu entry "Switch map". Accordingly, it is impossible to use a online maps.
For the offline maps, the menu entry "switch map here" works.

My second problem, it's the menu entry "load file" (for .gpx import). The track doesn't displayed.

Thanks
(I use a galaxy S2 with 4.0.3 Android)

Hi;

check if your problem is:

The issue is due to a setting that I had enabled in the 'Developer settings' within Cyanogenmod, called 'Don't keep activities'. This option 'destroys every activity as soon as the user leaves it'. As the map selector is now a separate activity within Orux 5.2.0 it was not able to run it correctly, hence I couldn't 'Switch maps'.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  yann1408 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Yes, this is perfect.
The problem is resolved with disable the function "Don't keep activities" within Android.
The import gpx file work correctly.
Thanks

yann1408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down