OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map

3 posters

Go down

Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map Empty Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map

Post  grobles Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Happy new year to everyone!

I'm having this problem in the brand new version. When zooming or browsing a map the app ends freezing. I can open menus but they do not respond, I only get a message of 'loading' for two senconds and then closes but nothing else. The map no longer pans nor moves though it can zoom in the same area. This may happen after a while using the application, not immediately after opening it. It also happens with online and offline maps.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Thanks.

grobles

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map Empty Re: Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map

Post  cyberdude Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Yes, I can confirm this bug too. Noticed it yesterday. I'm using v5.0.2 on Galaxy S2 running Android 2.3.4.

cyberdude

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map Empty Re: Version 5.0.2 freezes when zooming or browsing a map

Post  grobles Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Thank you for your feedback!
My phone is also a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it is running Android 2.3.5.
I hope this is solved promptly...

Regards

grobles

Back to top Go down

Post  grobles Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Well, try this workabout because it seems that it has worked for me:

Go to the map menu, the icon at the right. Open 'new map' and 'reload map list' (I don't know if in English is exactly written like that). I hope that it works...

Regards

grobles

Back to top Go down

Post  cyberdude Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 am

Yesterday OM froze when I tried to stop GPS. The drop down menu just froze and would not clear. It seems that there is an issue with v5.0.2. I'll revert to the older version for now.

cyberdude

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  Adriann Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Happy new year!
This is a real issue for 5.0.2. I have a HTC Explore Android 2.3.5. I have this problem on online and mapsforge maps. 5.0.2. seams also to be a little bit sluggish compared to 4.x.x versions which was brillianty fast on load / switch / render maps.

Adriann

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  grobles Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm afraid that what I posted before doesn't work. I have tested more things and I came to the conclusion that it is a repeatable problem when several applications are simultaneously opened. In this case, it undoubtedly crashes. Any idea? Or anybody can confirm this?
Thank you

grobles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down