OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Navigate?

3 posters

Go down

How to Navigate? Empty How to Navigate?

Post  pablos Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:58 am

Hi,

I'm new to Oruxmaps but I can already tell that once I've figured out how to use it properly, it's going to fulfil most of my needs as a cycle GPS/training tool.

I've managed to download street maps covering the whole of central London. What I want to be able to do is search for a postcode and Oruxmaps to give me the fastest route whilst on the go.

I can find the end point by using the search button on my phone and the location is correct, however it just draws a straight line between my current location and the end point that I wanted directions to.

Am I asking for something that Oruxmaps doesn't offer? If not, could someone please advise how I can go about getting the directions?

Thanks
pablos

pablos

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

How to Navigate? Empty Re: How to Navigate?

Post  orux Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:47 pm

pablos wrote:Hi,

I'm new to Oruxmaps but I can already tell that once I've figured out how to use it properly, it's going to fulfil most of my needs as a cycle GPS/training tool.

I've managed to download street maps covering the whole of central London. What I want to be able to do is search for a postcode and Oruxmaps to give me the fastest route whilst on the go.

I can find the end point by using the search button on my phone and the location is correct, however it just draws a straight line between my current location and the end point that I wanted directions to.

Am I asking for something that Oruxmaps doesn't offer? If not, could someone please advise how I can go about getting the directions?

Thanks
pablos

Hi, pablos;

OruxMaps can't do that; you need an on-road navigator (like Navigation, sygic,...)

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  pablos Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Orux,
Thanks for replying. I've got Co-pilot on the phone but that will need the internet for maps and I want to try and conserve battery as much as possible.
Can you suggest an app that will navigation that I could use offline maps with? Ideally I would like to have Oruxmaps running at the same time as the app.
Smile
pablos

pablos

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

pablos wrote:Orux,
Thanks for replying. I've got Co-pilot on the phone but that will need the internet for maps and I want to try and conserve battery as much as possible.
Can you suggest an app that will navigation that I could use offline maps with? Ideally I would like to have Oruxmaps running at the same time as the app.
Smile
pablos

Sygic is a good offline navigation tool,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  cyberdude Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Smile
pablos
If you want a free one then try Osmand. You can download maps and use them offline. I haven't used it for routing in anger yet apart from a few test routes nearby but it seemed to work ok.

cyberdude

Cantidad de envíos : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  pablos Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks cyberdude,
I will give Osmand a try.
Smile
pablos

pablos

Back to top Go down

Post  pablos Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:30 pm

orux wrote:
Smile
pablos

Sygic is a good offline navigation tool,

orux

Thanks. Will give Sygic a go too. Lots to play with this weekend. Just have to hope for better weather!! Smile

pablos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down