OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PNG compression

2 posters

Go down

PNG compression Empty PNG compression

Post  Pedro Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Using OruxMapsConverter2 I observed, that converting Firework .png files (lossless compressed) results in much longer conversion time than files, than files compressed to 48 colors, with Ozi MapMerge.

Can you tell me, how OruxMapsConverter2 compresses files, so I could prepare my files for faster conversion?

I have to redo them all to a size of n x 512, so I could also chose a proper compression ...

Pedro

Cantidad de envíos : 32

Back to top Go down

PNG compression Empty Re: PNG compression

Post  orux Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi, Pedro,

OruxMapsConverter2 reads "*.jpg, *.bmp, *.png, *.jpeg, *.gif" files into strips of 512 pixels, puts the result in a buffer and saves it in jpg format files.

I'm not sure which is the best format to be read in this way, I need to do some tests.

The files are saved in jpg format because I think is the best format (higher compression, although some loss of quality) to save the maps. I want to take many maps in my sd!

What is clear is that every time you create a file in jpg format, you're losing quality, so that the more times you transform it, he will lose more quality.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 pm

I will send you a few samples to show the differences of the quality/size ratio, I made a lot of tests before I decided for a certain quality of my own OZI maps. The actual qualitiy is okay, so, there is no pressure to change something ...

Pedro

Cantidad de envíos : 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum