OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go To - Direct To

2 posters

Go down

Go To - Direct To Empty Go To - Direct To

Post  gmmikele Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi, there.

I have submited this question as a part of other post but no reply at all has been received.
I'll put this specific question (suggestion) here to see if any response.

I miss (and probably every pilot does) using the long press on the map, that should offer option "Go To" or Direct To" this point where pressed.
With different words, when selecting certain point on the map would be convenient to get route, drawn from current location and distance&heading to that point.

So just opposite from current idea. Instead of moving the triangle over the desired point the track should appear From Triangle (current position) to the desired "Waypoint".

Regards,

BR,Mike

gmmikele

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Go To - Direct To Empty Re: Go To - Direct To

Post  orux Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 pm

gmmikele wrote:Hi, there.

I have submited this question as a part of other post but no reply at all has been received.
I'll put this specific question (suggestion) here to see if any response.

I miss (and probably every pilot does) using the long press on the map, that should offer option "Go To" or Direct To" this point where pressed.
With different words, when selecting certain point on the map would be convenient to get route, drawn from current location and distance&heading to that point.

So just opposite from current idea. Instead of moving the triangle over the desired point the track should appear From Triangle (current position) to the desired "Waypoint".

Regards,

BR,Mike

Hi, Mike;

if you create a wpt using long press, you can enable then 'navigate to' option after.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  gmmikele Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:00 am

Dear Orux,

correct, it is an option but:

1st: I have to create waypoint but normally I will not need this waypoint any more in the future so no point of storing it...
2nd: I have to create waypoint, than enter in Manage Menu, find correct Waypoint and than select "Navigate To"...

So imagine "action" when:
1.) You are informed about landing spot,
2.) You quickly find it on map and You just make a long press and select "navigate to".

(So actually would skip process of creating a Waypoint, than enetering Manage menu, than searching correct waypoint and than selecting it and selecting navigate to)

BR,M

gmmikele

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down