OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

offline map, cannot resume download

2 posters

Go down

offline map, cannot resume download Empty offline map, cannot resume download

Post  yip Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:20 pm

hi

to begin with , the overall quality of the app is impressive.

Here the bug:
when i create a an offline map from a custom WMS source, then cancel the download, but keeping the data (erase? :no)
it is not possible to resume the download, either with the button "resume download" in map menu, or "resume download" in the map creation menu.
while attempting to do so, the current online map is the same WMS that was used for the download and is working fine.

I can select the offline map I want to resume, (I've answered No to the delete question), but it simply display a notification "nothing to download" immediatly after.

the same thing happen if the cancel was requested like explained, or If I force a wifi shutdow.
However, the "resume download" sometimes works for other offline maps created with same WMS, that were not cancelled ?!?! (perhaps a few missing tiles or me messing too much with xml stuff)

Pardon me but , to investigate this issue, I've looked at how the information was stored.
- the otrk2.xml is clean and contains the right bbox extends and X/Y i've chosen, covering both the already d/led area and the missing area.
-oruxmapimages.db contains only the downloaded tiles, all with data blobs ,there no entry for missing tiles.

so it's obvious there is an inconsistency between the XML and the DB : for example, , the xml defines a 10x10 grid of 256x256 bitmaps, that would be 100 tiles to have a complete map of 2560x2560, and the db contains only 20 or 30 rows .
it means there is 70 tiles missing in the DB that should be downloaded, or at least zero-ed.

so How does oruxmap knows when a download is complete or not ? I could not find where the faulty test is.

Thanks for the great software, I will gladly run any test or debug stuff you see fit, just tell me.

(btw, no debug file option ?, and logcat is desesperatly silent...)

jm

yip

Cantidad de envíos : 40

Back to top Go down

offline map, cannot resume download Empty Re: offline map, cannot resume download

Post  orux Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:35 pm

yip wrote:hi

to begin with , the overall quality of the app is impressive.

Here the bug:
when i create a an offline map from a custom WMS source, then cancel the download, but keeping the data (erase? :no)
it is not possible to resume the download, either with the button "resume download" in map menu, or "resume download" in the map creation menu.
while attempting to do so, the current online map is the same WMS that was used for the download and is working fine.

I can select the offline map I want to resume, (I've answered No to the delete question), but it simply display a notification "nothing to download" immediatly after.

the same thing happen if the cancel was requested like explained, or If I force a wifi shutdow.
However, the "resume download" sometimes works for other offline maps created with same WMS, that were not cancelled ?!?! (perhaps a few missing tiles or me messing too much with xml stuff)

Pardon me but , to investigate this issue, I've looked at how the information was stored.
- the otrk2.xml is clean and contains the right bbox extends and X/Y i've chosen, covering both the already d/led area and the missing area.
-oruxmapimages.db contains only the downloaded tiles, all with data blobs ,there no entry for missing tiles.

so it's obvious there is an inconsistency between the XML and the DB : for example, , the xml defines a 10x10 grid of 256x256 bitmaps, that would be 100 tiles to have a complete map of 2560x2560, and the db contains only 20 or 30 rows .
it means there is 70 tiles missing in the DB that should be downloaded, or at least zero-ed.

so How does oruxmap knows when a download is complete or not ? I could not find where the faulty test is.

Thanks for the great software, I will gladly run any test or debug stuff you see fit, just tell me.

(btw, no debug file option ?, and logcat is desesperatly silent...)

jm

Thanks, jm,

Crying or Very sad Unfortunately it seems that always happens: every time I release a new version, there is a bug in the previous version a few hours after.

It is a bug, do not worry, I will release a new version soon.

OruxMaps checks if the tiles are present or not in the sqlite database, in order to know if there are tiles to download. It is not an automatic process, only if the user select that map to 'resume download'.

please, email me, I will send you a right version-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

offline map, cannot resume download Empty Re: offline map, cannot resume download

Post  yip Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:35 pm

orux wrote:
Crying or Very sad Unfortunately it seems that always happens: every time I release a new version, there is a bug in the previous version a few hours after.
lol! which developer doesn't ? scratch

orux wrote:
OruxMaps checks if the tiles are present or not in the sqlite database, in order to know if there are tiles to download. It is not an automatic process, only if the user select that map to 'resume download'.

That sounds good ! I was afraid it may rely on some obscure and unstable boolean flag somewhere cyclops

orux wrote:
please, email me, I will send you a right version-->oruxuro@gmail.com
orux

Right away

yip

Cantidad de envíos : 40

Back to top Go down