OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My wishlist for Orux Maps

Go down

My wishlist for Orux Maps Empty My wishlist for Orux Maps

Post  Mike Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 am

1. The input screen for waypoints should be enhanced. The input screen needs a listbox, which allows to select the input style of coordinates (Deg.Min, Degrees, Degrees.Min.Sec,UTM, etc.). I click on that listbox renders the coordinates in the other format.

2. The tool should support projections. Based on a given coordinate, a distance and an angle the tool should compute the projection coordinate. Based on a given coordinate and a distance the tool should draw a circle around that coordinate..

3. The tool should allow to extract a map from OpenStreetMap (like OpenDroyd). The extracted map should be usable like any other offline map.

4. Any waypoint can be connected with arbitrary media file. Example: When reaching the waypoint "Colloseum Rome" it would be nice to get (pre-installed) images, audio files (like the descriptions of audio guides), HTML descriptions etc.

I think there are a lot of developers who might help you, maybe me too. But developers need the codebase to enhance the software.

Mike

Back to top Go down

My wishlist for Orux Maps Empty Re: My wishlist for Orux Maps

Post  orux Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Mike wrote:1. The input screen for waypoints should be enhanced. The input screen needs a listbox, which allows to select the input style of coordinates (Deg.Min, Degrees, Degrees.Min.Sec,UTM, etc.). I click on that listbox renders the coordinates in the other format.

2. The tool should support projections. Based on a given coordinate, a distance and an angle the tool should compute the projection coordinate. Based on a given coordinate and a distance the tool should draw a circle around that coordinate..

3. The tool should allow to extract a map from OpenStreetMap (like OpenDroyd). The extracted map should be usable like any other offline map.

4. Any waypoint can be connected with arbitrary media file. Example: When reaching the waypoint "Colloseum Rome" it would be nice to get (pre-installed) images, audio files (like the descriptions of audio guides), HTML descriptions etc.

I think there are a lot of developers who might help you, maybe me too. But developers need the codebase to enhance the software.

Hi, Mike; thanks for your comments;

1,2.-->to my todo list.

3.-->it is my challenge for 3.0.

4.-->to my todo list.

Thanks for the offer of support for development, but I prefer to continue as now.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down