OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent

2 posters

Go down

Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent Empty Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent

Post  Breaker Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi,

I used GeOrg for geocaching in the past and it better displays the list of geocaches then OruxMaps. Especially I can read the description, hints and logs for the geocaches to decide which geocache I then want to search. (Maybe this is added to OruxMaps some time, but for now, GeOrg is the way to go to browse geocaches for me.)

But I don't want to carry around maps for OruxMaps and GeOrg, and all the navigation stuff is better in OruxMaps.

I can select "Navigate by external program" in GeOrg. And then an intent is generated and i'm asked if I want to navigate by Google Maps or Moto Nav (I have a Droid).

Could an Intent be added for Orux please, so I can then select OruxMaps to navigate to it? It seems to me this intent is not GeOrg specific. If OruxMaps would support it, it would also help using this intent from other applications.

This is the intent that is fired according to the system log:
10-21 17:44:34.610: INFO/ActivityManager(1277): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=geo:48.8107,9.103267 cmp=android/com.android.internal.app.ResolverActivity }
10-21 17:44:42.048: INFO/ActivityManager(1277): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=geo:48.8107,9.103267 flg=0x3800000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity }
10-21 17:44:42.165: INFO/ActivityManager(1277): Start proc com.google.android.apps.maps for activity com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity: pid=29254 uid=10008 gids={3003, 1015}

Hm, I have just another idea (workaround). I could also write an application, that takes this intent and then calls the other Intent that OruxMaps already supports to navigate. Surprised But that would be not a nice solution. Rolling Eyes

Uwe.

Breaker

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent Empty Re: Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent

Post  orux Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Breaker wrote:Hi,

I used GeOrg for geocaching in the past and it better displays the list of geocaches then OruxMaps. Especially I can read the description, hints and logs for the geocaches to decide which geocache I then want to search. (Maybe this is added to OruxMaps some time, but for now, GeOrg is the way to go to browse geocaches for me.)

But I don't want to carry around maps for OruxMaps and GeOrg, and all the navigation stuff is better in OruxMaps.

I can select "Navigate by external program" in GeOrg. And then an intent is generated and i'm asked if I want to navigate by Google Maps or Moto Nav (I have a Droid).

Could an Intent be added for Orux please, so I can then select OruxMaps to navigate to it? It seems to me this intent is not GeOrg specific. If OruxMaps would support it, it would also help using this intent from other applications.

This is the intent that is fired according to the system log:
10-21 17:44:34.610: INFO/ActivityManager(1277): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=geo:48.8107,9.103267 cmp=android/com.android.internal.app.ResolverActivity }
10-21 17:44:42.048: INFO/ActivityManager(1277): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=geo:48.8107,9.103267 flg=0x3800000 cmp=com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity }
10-21 17:44:42.165: INFO/ActivityManager(1277): Start proc com.google.android.apps.maps for activity com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity: pid=29254 uid=10008 gids={3003, 1015}

Hm, I have just another idea (workaround). I could also write an application, that takes this intent and then calls the other Intent that OruxMaps already supports to navigate. Surprised But that would be not a nice solution. Rolling Eyes

Uwe.

Hi, Uwe;

I will try to add support to this Intent,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent Empty Re: Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent

Post  orux Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Breaker wrote:Hi,

Uwe.

Hi, Breaker;

Try with last beta-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Browse geocache with georg and navigate with Orux by Intent Empty Works

Post  Breaker Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:25 pm

It works with the latest beta! Thanks! :-)

This now is a minimalistic way to navigate to the geocaches I browse with GeOrg until OruxMaps has also such a nice Geocache browser. Wink (PS: What I miss in OruxMaps is: Diff/Terrain value in list, possibility to read description, hints and logs of others and the possibility to write field notes.)

Breaker

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down