OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong E.T.E.

2 posters

Go down

Wrong  E.T.E. Empty Wrong E.T.E.

Post  Pascal Mon May 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Last sunday, by boat, I have been using the program in time to time just to have a look on the back route to the port.
Every 15-20m minutes I started Orux, and every time I exit the program after a quick check to position and ETE.
Choosing to add the record to the existing track the ETE resulted largerly overestimated (>>10h vs about 2h).
Starting a new track or a new segment the compute was instead correct.

Either is this a desired behaviour or it should be fixed?

Hi
p

Pascal

Cantidad de envíos : 32

Back to top Go down

Wrong  E.T.E. Empty Re: Wrong E.T.E.

Post  orux Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Pascal wrote:Last sunday, by boat, I have been using the program in time to time just to have a look on the back route to the port.
Every 15-20m minutes I started Orux, and every time I exit the program after a quick check to position and ETE.
Choosing to add the record to the existing track the ETE resulted largerly overestimated (>>10h vs about 2h).
Starting a new track or a new segment the compute was instead correct.

Either is this a desired behaviour or it should be fixed?

Hi
p

Hi, Pascal;

OruxMaps uses avg. speed of current segment, to calculate ETE/ETA.

Was you logging a track or only with gps enabled?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascal Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Orux,
No, I would only had a look to the position without recording a real track, but I configured the GUI to show ETE only in tracking mode so...

p

edit:
also adding points to the existing track I don't understand why the compute was so wrong, at a maximum it should have been inaccurate since the existing points in the track was however on the current path and there wasn't stops or detours on the sailing (it was almost a 9 hours straight route).

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon May 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Pascal wrote:Hi Orux,
No, I would only had a look to the position without recording a real track, but I configured the GUI to show ETE only in tracking mode so...

p

edit:
also adding points to the existing track I don't understand why the compute was so wrong, at a maximum it should have been inaccurate since the existing points in the track was however on the current path and there wasn't stops or detours on the sailing (it was almost a 9 hours straight route).

Hmmm;

This is the problem; OruxMaps is using a not actual avg speed. I am going to change to 'last location speed' if you are not in 'track logging' mode.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascal Mon May 30, 2011 9:09 pm

orux wrote:

p

edit:

Hmmm;

This is the problem; OruxMaps is using a not actual avg speed. I am going to change to 'last location speed' if you are not in 'track logging' mode.

orux

No Orux, I was actually in logging mode even I was completely not interested about the track.
Tracking was active just to have ETE shown on the standard upper dashboard.

(sorry if I'm not clear, but I hope you'll appreciate this help)

p

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Pascal wrote:
orux wrote:

p

edit:

Hmmm;

orux

No Orux, I was actually in logging mode even I was completely not interested about the track.
Tracking was active just to have ETE shown on the standard upper dashboard.

(sorry if I'm not clear, but I hope you'll appreciate this help)

p

Yes, I understand you. Thanks;

This is exactly the problem Smile If you are not in logging mode, OruxMaps is reading a random? value.

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down