OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid

Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid

Post  Andreas Tue May 10, 2011 7:59 am

Version 3.4.2: After loading a map with SWISSGRID, the scale in the lower left corner shows an absurd measurement. After a switch of the zoom level, the measurement is OK. Looks like a wrong initialization when loading SWISSGRID

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Re: Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid

Post  orux Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Andreas wrote:Version 3.4.2: After loading a map with SWISSGRID, the scale in the lower left corner shows an absurd measurement. After a switch of the zoom level, the measurement is OK. Looks like a wrong initialization when loading SWISSGRID

Please, more info, I can not reproduce this error:

1.-You have a map with lat/lon. Then go to 'configuration--units' select 'swiss grid'.
2.-When you return to the map, the map scale is wrong. right?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid

Post  Markus Sat May 14, 2011 1:47 pm

I can confirm the finding of Andreas.
If I load a map calibrated with swiss grid then the scale at the left bottom corner shows a very big value (over 1000000 meters). The correct value is about 500 meters.

This behaviour is independend of the units configuration. I have minutes as unit.

It seems to be related to the calibration of the map.

Greetings from switzerland

Markus

Markus

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Indeed not related to selected units in setting

Post  Andreas Sun May 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Sorry for comming back late, I was away for some time. I tried your suggestion and the answer is "no". The settings have no influence on the effect. It occurs after loading the map for the first time after program start and goes away after change of scale (my maps have multiple zoom levels). I experience another problem here: If I try to take a log of my movements I experience several problems including complete hangs. I will post this separatly and I mention this here only because I suspect that oruxmaps has a problem with swiss grid, maybe?
Andreas

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Same problem solved

Post  mauryb Sun May 22, 2011 2:19 pm

I had the same problem and i have solved using in OruxMapsDesktop :
Datum : CH-1903 Swiss
Projection : SwissGrid
Select Grid (East X and North Y, don't use Geographical)

Sometimes i had corrupted maps uploading the maps on my phone using WiFi (i don't know why), no problems using USB cable.

I hope this can help you.

mauryb

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Problem is still there with 3.5.7beta

Post  Andreas Mon May 23, 2011 10:11 am

After changing to 3.5.7beta, the problem still persists. If I load ANY map with datum=SWISSGRID the scale indicator shows an amount of around
1021.42 KILOmeters (not always exactly the same, bur more ore less). It makes no difference what scale is used when the map loads for the first time (my maps have multiple scales). After a change to a higher scale and back again, everything is alright. The maps are perfectly correct, tracks and routes are drawn correctly, and the position indicated by the center marker is correct. So: only the scale indicator is wrong, in any of my SWISSGRID map, but only on firs load, and no matter wich way the map comes to the device. The maps are not corrupted, since they work perfectly in all other respects. My conclusion is that it must have something to do with the handling of SWISSGRID. Would it help if I provided an example map?

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Scale now OK on 3.5.9beta, but datum information now wrong

Post  Andreas Mon May 23, 2011 12:24 pm

I just installed 3.5.9beta, and the scaling problem is gone. However, another error is there now: The Information about the map datum is wrong now. Here's the screensho:
The coordinates shown are clearly SWISSGRID and are correct. But the map Datum shown is incorrect. This is definitely not WGS1984
Regards Andreas

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Scale now OK on 3.5.9beta, but datum information now wrong (2nd try)

Post  Andreas Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 pm

The image was not there in the first post, so I try again....
I just installed 3.5.9beta, and the scaling problem is gone. However, another error is there now: The Information about the map datum is wrong now. The coordinates shown are clearly SWISSGRID and are correct. But the map Datum shown is incorrect. This is definitely not WGS1984. Screenshot hopefully visible this time Shocked
Regards Andreas
Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Oruxmapsscreenshot1[img][/img][img][/img]

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Scale now OK on 3.5.9beta, but datum information now wrong (3rd try)

Post  Andreas Mon May 23, 2011 12:34 pm

The image was not there in the first and second post, so I try again....
I just installed 3.5.9beta, and the scaling problem is gone. However, another error is there now: The Information about the map datum is wrong now. The coordinates shown are clearly SWISSGRID and are correct. But the map Datum shown is incorrect. This is definitely not WGS1984. Screenshot hopefully visible with a link? Shocked Shocked

Andreas

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Maybe plain vanilla link text for image works?

Post  Andreas Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Giving up to deliver a screenshot if this does not work...

Post  andreas Mon May 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Try this: http, // plus this:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/oruxmapsscreenshot1.png
Andreas

andreas

Back to top Go down

Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid Empty Re: Wrong Scale after Map Load with Swissgrid

Post  orux Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm

andreas wrote:Try this: http, // plus this:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/oruxmapsscreenshot1.png
Andreas

Ok; I will try to solve this.

You can not post links if no registered;

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down