OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Set Waypoints at rests

2 posters

Go down

Auto-Set Waypoints at rests Empty Auto-Set Waypoints at rests

Post  bjoerns Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:03 am

Hi José

Hiking is my preferred activity I'm tracking with orux maps. Normaly I'm having some rests for eating, enjoying the atmosphere and so on. The application Run.GPS which I used on Windows Mobile has the great function to automatically
1. set waypoints as soon as the GPS signal is not moving more than xy meters in xy seconds (configurable)
2. tracks the start and end time of the rest
3. shows in the track statistics not only the duration of the track, but also the active duration (total duration - duration of rests)

The implementation of each of these 3 sub-features would be 5€ donation worth, so 15€ in total.

Kind regards
Björn

bjoerns

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down

Auto-Set Waypoints at rests Empty Re: Auto-Set Waypoints at rests

Post  orux Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:17 pm

bjoerns wrote:Hi José

Hiking is my preferred activity I'm tracking with orux maps. Normaly I'm having some rests for eating, enjoying the atmosphere and so on. The application Run.GPS which I used on Windows Mobile has the great function to automatically
1. set waypoints as soon as the GPS signal is not moving more than xy meters in xy seconds (configurable)
2. tracks the start and end time of the rest
3. shows in the track statistics not only the duration of the track, but also the active duration (total duration - duration of rests)

The implementation of each of these 3 sub-features would be 5€ donation worth, so 15€ in total.

Kind regards
Björn

Hi, Björn;

not difficult. added to my todo list.

remeber that you can see moving/no moving time in statistics.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  bjoerns Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 am

Hi José

Good news, I'm glad, you can implement these features. Concerning your hint about moving/no moving time: This would fulfill my wish Number 3 ("shows in the track statistics not only the duration of the track, but also the active duration (total duration - duration of rests)"), but I can't see such statistics - am I looking at the wrong place?

Auto-Set Waypoints at rests Screenshotcmu

Björn

bjoerns

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:23 pm

bjoerns wrote:Hi José

Good news, I'm glad, you can implement these features. Concerning your hint about moving/no moving time: This would fulfill my wish Number 3 ("shows in the track statistics not only the duration of the track, but also the active duration (total duration - duration of rests)"), but I can't see such statistics - am I looking at the wrong place?

Auto-Set Waypoints at rests Screenshotcmu

Björn

Hi, you can see full time (00:54 minutes) and 'moving time' -->00:07 minutes. And average speed (5.3km/h) and avg. speed during movement (37.8 km/h)

Auto-Set Waypoints at rests Devicezu

regards,

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  bjoerns Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 am

I must have been blind to not see this. Thanks for the hint. However, the algorithm to detect my moving seems not to be very accurate: I looked at several past tracks, where I knew how long my resting time was, Orux Maps indicated a much too long rest period. How fast must one be, that it counts as "moving"?

Kind regards
Björn

bjoerns

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:43 pm

bjoerns wrote:I must have been blind to not see this. Thanks for the hint. However, the algorithm to detect my moving seems not to be very accurate: I looked at several past tracks, where I knew how long my resting time was, Orux Maps indicated a much too long rest period. How fast must one be, that it counts as "moving"?

Kind regards
Björn

Hi, Björn;

If gps location fix speed < 0.25 m/s == 0.9km/h.

Seems to work fine in my Nexus; but I can try with a more complex algorithm.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  bjoerns Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 am

Hi José

Thanks for your answer. 0.9 km/h seems to be a good value, because even with snowshoes one doesn't walk so slowly. Probably I did more or longer rests than I thought during my walks.

Björn

bjoerns

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down